What's new

Vintage Str8s at Classic Shaving

I know it's tough. The pack of little shaving devils on my shoulder didn't want me to tell you, but I did what I thought was right, and led you all into temptation.

:devil:

I gotta say.... they just don't do much for me. Most are "off" brands and if on ebay would go for $40-60. They are also sold "as-is" and in a lot of the pictures there is corrosion on the tang/shank, etc. Personally, for that kinda money, I'd MUCH rather have a TI or a Dovo, something that's more "tried and true" and probably more so, something that will have a solid resale value, in case you aren't fond of it, or you grow tired of it.

For instance - what do you think the $110 "Juwel" will be worth in fair market in the BST forum, or on ebay? $40? $50 tops?

For the cost of many of those razors, you can buy a killer Dovo, TI - or Limited Edition TI, that is in new (not as-is) condition, that has known results/value. I am not intending to "poo-poo" the vintage razors - they could be great, just trying to point out some realities, that at least for me, make them not all that interesting.

Top Bottom