What's new

Morris and Forndran Stubby 2XL Finest

• Thread starter Deleted member 48987
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 48987

Today I received a Morris and Forndran Stubby 2XL with the famed Rooney Finest hair. At first I was reluctant when I heard about ClassicShaving offering these, so I called Lee to clear up exactly what they are. He told me these were made at least 3 years ago and are indeed 2XL’s Finest in M&F handles. He was shocked they hadn’t been sold yet and urged me to secure one immediately as they will likely never be available again

. $IMG_0933.jpg$IMG_0936.jpg

Now, to the brush. It’s an unbelievably dense 28x50 knot with a handle that feels similar in the hand to a Chubby 2. For a point of reference, I’ll compare it to a Heritage 3XL that I have. It is certainly denser and the hairs are also thinner. What I find remarkable about this brush is its capacity to load a huge amount of product quickly and easily. It ripped my puck of QCS apart. I was absolutely blown away after 20 seconds of loading and ended up with more lather than I’ve ever created with a brush. This is a soft brush, but there is some scritch there. I didn't find it uncomfortable; it was more of a courser scrub feeling than it was a scritch feeling (Semantics I suppose?). Compared to the heritage 2-band hair, it's certainly not as soft but I suppose some people dislike brushes that are “too soft”. I’ll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.

$IMG_0942.jpg$IMG_0943.jpg$IMG_0945.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A beautiful brush. Finest is indeed a special bristle. In my limited experience with this bristle, it softens up considerably after 30-40 uses. It still has the magic but that initial rather excessive scrubiness yields a smooth but resilient knot.

:a47:

What a truly fantastic brush Amir!

That is my dream brush. Super dense Finest hair knot in a XXL handle.

Wow, just wow. Enjoy it.

D

Deleted member 48987

A beautiful brush. Finest is indeed a special bristle. In my limited experience with this bristle, it softens up considerably after 30-40 uses. It still has the magic but that initial rather excessive scrubiness yields a smooth but resilient knot.

Sounds great, I hope you're right.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I obviously was left out of getting the super secret G7 classified decoder ring needed to buy one of these brushes.

None the less congrats on a great brush, hope you hate it and want to sell it!!! :sneaky2::sneaky2::sneaky2: PM me if that happens...

I said it first!!! you're not helping my tantrum...

I obviously was left out of getting the super secret G7 classified decoder ring needed to buy one of these brushes.

None the less congrats on a great brush, hope you hate it and want to sell it!!! :sneaky2::sneaky2::sneaky2: PM me if that happens...

Nice brush, Amir :thumbup:

It was me that got the tip from a vendor, and I tipped it on to Amir and a couple of other guys, but asked them to be discrete because it was limited stock, very limited and now sold out !

I have the last one coming my way to Denmark.
I got the Medium version, which is similar in size to a Chubby 2, price tag $299

D

Deleted member 48987

Nice brush, Amir :thumbup:

It was me that got the tip from a vendor, and I tipped it on to Amir and a couple of other guys, but asked them to be discrete because it was limited stock, very limited and now sold out !

I have the last one coming my way to Denmark.
I got the Medium version, which is similar in size to a Chubby 2, price tag $299

I'd love to hear your thoughts when you get it.

My small M&F Stubby 1XL finest arrived this morning. Wow, what a dense knot it has.

Below are some images of it and its Rooney brothers.
proxy.php

Bottom image from the left: Rooney Finest 1/2, Rooney XXL, M&F, Rooney Finest 1/1.

Lather images forthcoming...

Are these still available on their site? I don't see them anywhere...

They were never on the site. I had to call to order mine. There were some of the large size left when I placed my order Monday. I may have bought the last small, all the mediums were sold.

Top Bottom