What's new

Do you guys have a good sandalwood fragrance?

The only one I have is Guerlain Heritage (is it really even a sandalwood frag?) I was never really a fan of sandalwood, but have been liking it more over time. I smelled Diptyque Tam Dao and it was pretty nice...very unique and dry smelling (for lack of a better description). Do you guys have a sandalwood scent you really like?

I never bought anything sandalwood scented until I happened to walk by an Art of Shaving store and purchased some of their aftershave balm. I like it by itself but, it goes well over Captain's choice Bay Rum splash. I like putting a shea butter balm over a splash and these two really go well together.

Last edited:
I never bought anything sandalwood scented until I happened to walk by an Art of Shaving store and purchased some of their aftershave balm. I like it by itself but, it goes well over Captain's choice Bay Rum splash. I like putting a shea butter balm over a splash and these two really go well together.

Art of Shaving Sandalwood smells very nice....but every sandalwood shave cream/soap I have used lights my face on fire. I don't know why :/
I don't seem to have problems with fragrances though. Maybe the skin on my face/neck is just too sensitive?

Haven't worn it in awhile, but AoS Sandalwood is good.

I don't think of it as a sandalwood scent per se, but Montale Dark Aoud technically is very sandalwood centric and I like it a lot.
(Juat realized this week it has a teak note which I really love).

When the weather cools down, I break out Antico Caruso which is sandalwood and almond. Very potent too. European barbershop.

Last edited:
Floris Santal is wonderful, though I don't know that the fragrance has a lot to do with Sandalwood. I'm also very fond of the T&H Sandalwood ASB though it's seen little use lately. A little closer to sandalwood woodiness, but not much.

Have you thought of just buying some real sandalwood EO?

Maitre Parfum et Gantier's Santal Nobel. This is one of the absolute best creamy sandalwood fragrances out there. It exudes class and sophistication while stille evidencing the simplicity of good quality sandalwood!

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Creed Bois du Santal and Floris Sandalwood, I believe both are not longer available.

Creed Bois du Santal and Floris Sandalwood, I believe both are not longer available.

Both of those frags are Da Sh*t and you're correct -- both have been discontinued. :crying: Another prime example of how sandalwood's increasing rarity & expense has affected the marketplace.

I just got a bottle of Lorenzo Villoresi Sandalo. To me it smells similar to AOS's sandalwood but cleaner and without the medicinal note. I also love Tam Dao, but I get more wood than sandalwood. Both are up in my favorite scents though.

I just got a bottle of Lorenzo Villoresi Sandalo. To me it smells similar to AOS's sandalwood but cleaner and without the medicinal note. I also love Tam Dao, but I get more wood than sandalwood. Both are up in my favorite scents though.

Big fan of both Sandalo & Tam Dao, altho Tam Dao's more cedar to my nose.

AOS, i've never tried it but if it smells the same as their cream i'd go with that. Trumpers is really good also.

Art of Shaving Sandalwood smells very nice....but every sandalwood shave cream/soap I have used lights my face on fire. I don't know why :/
I don't seem to have problems with fragrances though. Maybe the skin on my face/neck is just too sensitive?

Sorry to hear that sandalwood lights your face on fire. I don't know too much about allergies so, I can't offer any advise other than avoidance and keep try some samples. Gary, a B&B member (screen name: gaj90027 ) sells a variety of sample aftershaves and fragrances. He decants them from larger bottles and sells vials starting at about $1.50. Ask him for a list of his sandalwood samples and you may find one that works. Good luck!!!

I have the Floris Santal aftershave and balm, but are you saying they don't make an edt or edc any longer?

No, he's talking about a different scent altogether - Floris Sandalwood. It's been discontinued for years. Floris Santal is a completely different scent.

Sorry to hear that sandalwood lights your face on fire. I don't know too much about allergies so, I can't offer any advise other than avoidance and keep try some samples. Gary, a B&B member (screen name: gaj90027 ) sells a variety of sample aftershaves and fragrances. He decants them from larger bottles and sells vials starting at about $1.50. Ask him for a list of his sandalwood samples and you may find one that works. Good luck!!!

Nope, never again. I can live without sandalwood cream and soap. I have already tried several......not worth the pain....lol

Maitre Parfum et Gantier's Santal Nobel. This is one of the absolute best creamy sandalwood fragrances out there. It exudes class and sophistication while stille evidencing the simplicity of good quality sandalwood!

+1 on MPG Santal Noble; it is my absolute favourite sandalwood. Floris Santal is nice, but not Sandalwood. Same with Tam Dao. Lorenzo Villoresi Sandalo is my second best.

Truefitt & Hill Sandlewood Cologne, Cream and ASB......PERIOD!!!

The best, my wife loves it, and guys and girls at work ask what fragrance im wearing and i tell them. 9 people have bought it for themselves or husbands.

Top Bottom