What's new

Moustache Wax

It has taken me about six months to grow the hairs from the center of my moustache out to the edges of my relatively short handlebars and I've been using Clubman because I can buy it at any drugstore. I just found out that TOB makes a moustache wax plus some others such as Colonel Conk. I am wondering if anyone else out there has tried any other brands and what they have to say. I'm happy with Clubman, but then again I haven't tried anything other than my homemade stuff that works great but dissolves in the rain or after the first sip of Guinness.

Seeing that most of the on-line dealers based in the U.S. do not carry the stuff, I'd like to get some advice before I go sending orders to England.

Also, if anyone has any good advice for handlebar care/grooming tips, I'm all ears (or eyes as the case may be). I've heard horror stories about people who went to twist their handlebar together and it just broke off. I'd like to avoid damaging my handlebars accidentally if at all possible. Mine seem fairly healthy, but I'm really inexperienced with this.

Handlebar Moustaches are fun for the whole family!

I've had a semi-handlebar for several years now, but I hardly ever take the time to wax it. When I do, I use this wax that came with a small men's grooming kit. It's in a stick, like chap-stick, but it's harder. I find that I have to use my fingernail to scrape a little off and then warm it between my fingers. It has no discernable scent and it is as stiff as a stiff thing. It holds up pretty well, but in this Texas heat, I find that I have a hard time making anything last very long. The main thing to remember is to "train" the hairs. I find myself twisting mine throughout the day, that seems to help them hold their curl pretty well, however, sometimes that darned right side will still want to curl the other way. :cursing:

Top Bottom