What's new

Need a new Baseball Glove, need help making a selection.

Been out of the baseball scene for years, but the kids are getting big enough now and I am looking for a new Hardball glove.

Not sure what they go for, I'm not looking for cheap and not looking for MLB quality (unless it's in my price range).

I'm thinking $100-150cdn range, natural leather or dark brn leather, no team colours, no gimmicks. An all around glove, something for playing catch, fielding balls and playing the odd came of "500 up" so probably an outfielders glove.

Where do I start my research? The below glove is a $200 glove and can be had right now for $99, which I may just bite the bullet and get. It seems to get great reviews, oil blemish (which I could care less about) and would get shipped to an Ameri-B&B-Friend to ship to me :001_cool: (I'm sure one of you nice B&Bers would allow me to do that, wouldn't you)

$item-wi13-kp92blbleml.jpg

Last edited:
Sure you want to go through a break period again? I prefer Rawlings gloves. Look on eBay or Craigslist for a used Rawlings Pro Preferred. If it's a good old glove, you can have it restored, reconditioned and relaced (prices are reasonable and it's well worth it).

Cant go wrong with the A2000. My buddy has one and played college ball with it. Ive used his a few times playing catch and its nice...alot of padding and once broken in its awesome.

Ive also seen numerous pro baseball players with them.

Make sure you get sized before you buy online. I had to replace a glove a few years ago. I was an inch off when I first started trying on the new gloves.

Make sure you get sized before you buy online. I had to replace a glove a few years ago. I was an inch off when I first started trying on the new gloves.

thanks for the tip. when i used to play there were no sizes (maybe small and large), now I see them all 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5 etc. i'll stop in a local store, try a few on and see.

i believe the blemished Wilson A2000 above is a 12.5

Last edited:
I've always used Wilson gloves but this last time I bought a Rawlins glove.
I like it very much. The Wilson gloves can take a beating (at least mine have).

Keeping the leather conditioned is a good idea.
My 30 year old wilson glove finally gave up because the leather in the basket got all dried out and started to weaken.

I've been lusting after a new glove at justgloves.com Looks like a good site but I haven't bought anything yet since I can't really fit a glove online. I really like justbats.com too but thats just a money sink waiting to happen.

Lefty/Righty?

Catch Left, Throw Right.

I've always used Wilson gloves but this last time I bought a Rawlins glove.
I like it very much. The Wilson gloves can take a beating (at least mine have).

Keeping the leather conditioned is a good idea.
My 30 year old wilson glove finally gave up because the leather in the basket got all dried out and started to weaken.

Yes, I remember oiling it regularly, lacing it up with a ball inside to form a nice pocket etc.

missed the deal way back on the A2000 (still kicking myself), but just picked up this one tonight for $100 shipped. it'll mainly be for catch with the kids, so went with the infielders glove as it's a bit smaller and will only be for hardball.

came with a 100 day guarantee, so when I get it back if for some reason it doesn't work out or fit properly, I'll have it shipped back No Charge (they pay return shipping)

Rawlings REVO 950 Series: 9SC117CD
View attachment 352681 Glove Features
  • 11.75 Inch Pattern
  • Basket Connector Web
  • Breaks in From Thumb to Ring or Little Finger
  • Conventional Open Back
  • Deep 130 Degree Pocket
  • Deer Tanned Cowhide Leather Lining
  • Free Shipping!
  • High Quality Oil-Tanned Pro Select Leather
  • Infield/Pitcher Model
  • Laceless Heel and Palm
  • REVO Solid Core Construction
  • USA Tanned Pro Laces

Last edited:
Cant go wrong with the A2000.

+1. I've had mine since 2001, and it went through two years of high school baseball, five years of college intramurals, and four rec league softball seasons. It's not slowing down any, and once broken in, you will be glad you paid the extra $ for it.

+1. I've had mine since 2001, and it went through two years of high school baseball, five years of college intramurals, and four rec league softball seasons. It's not slowing down any, and once broken in, you will be glad you paid the extra $ for it.

I wish I had got one. If it comes up again for that price or even close, I'll ge grabbing one.

Realizing I'm joining the party late, but I'm in the process of 'Baying a mitt right now and probably settling on an A2000. Can't go wrong with Rawlings however. Nice choice!

Realizing I'm joining the party late, but I'm in the process of 'Baying a mitt right now and probably settling on an A2000. Can't go wrong with Rawlings however. Nice choice!

I've still be looking for a good deal on the right A2000 OR A2K....

even though I don't need two, we have two kids, so it would be nice to work 2 gloves in and hand them off to them if they ever wanted them.

but man, are there ever a lot of A2000/A2K models to choose from. I'll likely get over my desire for a 2nd glove as it's just an itch that pops up every now and then to research and buy something.

I hope I'm happy with the Revo950 for the limited times I'll likely use it, but I hope to use it often and will make an effort to do so. if that A2000 ever shows up (or a similar one) for $100-120, i'm going to snap it up and worry about it's need later.

Last edited:
I've still be looking for a good deal on the right A2000 OR A2K....

As always, the 'Bay is a good place to start. I just stole a lightly used TPX Pro Flare for way under its retail price point. Plenty of A2000s and the occasional A2K to
be had as well. I came close to pulling the trigger on a Nokona or two, but the prices were just too high...

What size gloves are you generally looking for?

As always, the 'Bay is a good place to start. I just stole a lightly used TPX Pro Flare for way under its retail price point. Plenty of A2000s and the occasional A2K to
be had as well. I came close to pulling the trigger on a Nokona or two, but the prices were just too high...

What size gloves are you generally looking for?

I've been scowering ebay for them and almost had a lightly used A2000 (i forget which model), but it was Outfield, 12.5". he was close to letting it go for my "best offer", but ultimately he withdrew. I'm also checking local used sites just in case one pops up for cheap.

after I get this Rawlings, we'll see how it plays out and if I want another glove. not sure why, but I love the look of these Shoeless Joe gloves and most of the reviews (if you can base something on online reviews) are positive

to be honest, I don't really know exactly what size I'm lookig for, which is one of the main reasons I went with Justballgloves, as they offer a 100 day return, even if I break it in, oil it and use it and they pay return postage as well. it was sort of a risk free purchase.

Last edited:
not sure why, but I love the look of these Shoeless Joe gloves and most of the reviews (if you can base something on online reviews) are positive

to be honest, I don't really know exactly what size I'm lookig for, which is one of the main reasons I went with Justballgloves, as they offer a 100 day return, even if I break it in, oil it and use it and they pay return postage as well. it was sort of a risk free purchase.

If you like the look of the Shoeless Joe models (as I do), you'll probably love the Roy Hobbs gloves as well (as I do.) :)

If it's just for throwing around with the kids and perhaps the occasional softball game, something in the 11.75 / 12 range would probably do nicely.

You guys are going to give me BBGAD (baseball glove addiction disorder).

I have managed to get one of my guys outside after work the past few days to throw a ball around. teaching him to field a few grounders (thrown at him) and he's got a good little arm.

He's actually too big for the kids glove my wife picked up for them last year, so is using my Dad's D&R old glove that is likely 60+y old and he's enjoying it. Now I am looking at a couple "youth" gloves for them as well.

It's going to sound corney and mushy, but it sure is nice to throw a ball around with my kids. Such a simple thing, but it truly is something special. :thumbup:

oh no, what have I done? I do have baseball glove AD :scared:

This popped up on eBay last night, starting bid of $1 and BIN of $95. I started bidding and withing minutes it was apparenty it was going to sell for more. I hit BIN and purchased for the same as I would have on the new one above or when they relisted them just after the $99 deal for $119. If it doesn't work out, back to eBay it will go and I'll likely break even.

Used, but not game worn. It's the size (12.5:") and model (KP92) I was looking at and wanted but I'm not sure the age as it's a bit diffrerent from the other KP92 A2000's I've seen. The others having KP92-BL in the model number and different leathers mixed in (blk and brn). To be honest, I like the look of this one more then the one I had looked at initial in post #1.

$4.jpg$1.jpg$2.jpg$3.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom