What's new

SEptember is here! Single Edge Shaving

I used this combo so far for every day in September ... plan on using it for the rest of the month ;]

Valet Auto Strop Razor / Feather blades / Australian palmolive Regular Cream / Alum

This razor gives a very close shave ;]

I think I can get through this month using only SE's.

Used my newly acquired E1 injector yesterday and I intent to use it until I have mastered it (which could take all month). If I decide to take a break from it, I can use my Push Button and I have a VAS on the way but I do want to be comfortable with the injector before trying that one.

Will use the injector tonight with a comfortable lather from Tabac.

Last edited:
Took the shave day off yesterday- but I will break out my Stremline today! With some Vioontage Old Spice soap!

Felt too crappy to shave yesterday, Felt too crappy to shave today but did so anyway.

Changed my plans to use my replated 1914 since I want to take pristine pictures first.
Instead went with a G bar, fresh GEM SS PTFE coated blade, and for the first time Benton Clay Vetiver Paradisi, Vie Long 12705 horse.

A nice 3 pass CCS and a good start to SEptember.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Followed up the Star with a Contour ..

$IMG_5965.jpg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
GEM Clog-Pruf MicroMatic
CVS Carbon Blade
Vintage Rex Boar brush (Germany)
Mikes Natural Soap Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper
Classic Ice Blue Aqua Velva (vintage bottle)

I got to enjoy the Cobra Classic since it's my turn on the Cobra Classic tour (thanks, Michael). Used the Captain Titan Mild blade and Portman Square Notting Hill soap. Very enjoyable. Close shave, no nicks or cuts, very nice.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Wow, talk about going from one end of the spectrum to the other!

Well, this time around I am eating the sam'ich from both ends Tom, recalling that I had done them in chronological order before ..

The Contour wasn't bad, but compared to the 1902 .. nah, the Lather Catcher rules

After the usual prep i started gently with the Valet but someting was not right either my technique has gone to hell since yesterday or the blade is blunt after two shaves ... it tugged and pulled and generally felt like it was about to attack so i put it down and went for the 1912 GEM. Much better but still not perfect ... back the the Fatboy and still all is not well so i guess my shave yesterday was a bit too close and my skin is still tender, will take tomorrow off from the Valet or any other sharp piece of steel and give my face a chance to recover.

I have to admit it - the Clog-Pruf is a better razor than the OCMM. It is just one incredibly close, smooth, long lasting shave.

I skipped shaving yesterday, but today it was the Clog-Pruf with RR BTP Shaving Soap, and the B&B RV LE Butterscotch brush.

Amazing. Just Amazing.

Hello All,

First, thank you for giving me my first reason to try out my Micromatic Bullet $4.00 thrift store find. I have been putting it off because I have been in straight land. That said, I was quite surprised of the smoothness and closeness of the shave. I stopped at XTG because I started to get tugging on the ATG pass. Needless to say, not entirely BBS but close, no nics, no burn.

Setup:

Micromatic Bullet
CVS GEM Personna's
Van Der Hagen Shave Soap (Cheep and smells pretty good works OK)
Tweezerman Badger
Clubman Original

$SE_shave_822012.jpg

Top Bottom