Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One blade that works in all your razors?

All blades have worked well for me in any razor. I guess my technique is blade tolerant. The rare bad shave usually boils down to the quality of the lather for me.

Default And yet

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty1 View Post
    One blade to rule them all! I have heard stories years ago, but think it is just a myth!
    It is an ideal that has set the feet of so many onto the road in a quest for just such an elusive beast.
    Michael G.

Default A consensus?

Quote Originally Posted by JimK View Post
    Derby blades work OK in all of my razors. Current Astra SP blades are spectacular performers in all of my razors, and stunning in some. Actually, most any brand from St Pete is pretty darn spectacular overall. Personna blades are also pretty sweet. Feathers are too bloody for me except in a fully wound Stahly razor... In that case, they deliver the best shave I ever had, and drama free to boot...
    Man, there's a statement I can get behind. Many of us, I think, agree!
    Michael G.

For me, every blade feels different with different razors, but Feathers have always felt the same, no matter what razor.

Not one but Two:

Feathers & Gillette Super Thins.

Charles U.K

Images

Gillette 7 o'clock Yellows / Feathers in my Merkur 34c HD and Futur.
    Alliance of Merkur - 34C, 34G, 37C, 37G, Futur (Satin & Chrome) & Travel. iKON DLC Slant & OSS Stainless.
    Proraso Appreciation Soc. MdC & TABAC. Plisson, Simpsons & Semogue Badgers.

Astra SP blades work well in all my DEs.
    Have a question or problem? PM a Moderator.

Make a donation or become a Contributor to B&B here http://badgerandblade.com/vb/payments.php

7 O' clock Blacks is on my top spot. After that, it's a tie with many brands. The only blades I've had a bad experience with were Merkurs & Dorcos.
    You can tell anyone anything, as long as you do so respectfully. BOTC, TOFLAC-U

Images

Israeli Crystals Work The Same In My Shaving Factory Razor As They Work In My 1954 Gillette SS.
    The only woman Chosen by The Veg. L.O.L.S. (League Of Leg Shavers)

Bolzano on Mergress and Ikon
    Open Comb
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark - TOFLAC-U - B&B Old Fogies Club

Images

For some inexplicable reason, just about any blade works reasonably well in my 1976 Ball Handled Aluminum Tech. However, Persona SP's seem to work best overall. I'm waiting for some Iridiums to arrive which I have never tried.
    Ajax Take your time, wave comes. Let the other guys go, catch another one – Duke Kahanamoku

Quote Originally Posted by AjaxLepinski View Post
    I'm waiting for some Iridiums to arrive which I have never tried.

I wonder if you'll like them?
    Michael G.

There are 7 or 8 blades I can't tell from one another for 3 shaves. After 3 shaves the field narrows down to Med preps, 7 o'clock blacks, and original or Polsilver Iridiums, all of which are good for 5 to 6 shaves. Labs are just as good but I've gotten bad blades with Labs.

Astra SP seem to work well in all my razors, the Polsilvers seem to as well but I need to take a little more care. I should point out that I haven't tried all that many blades as I stopped searching as soon as I found that Astras worked well for me ;]
    “Because a real Gentleman shaves, every morning” - Marco's Grandfather.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Brian View Post
    Astra SP seem to work well in all my razors, the Polsilvers seem to as well but I need to take a little more care. I should point out that I haven't tried all that many blades as I stopped searching as soon as I found that Astras worked well for me ;]
    Uncle, there are so many blades out there. I implore you, TRY MORE!
    Michael G.

The blade that works best, re the most comfortable one with respect to no irritation yet closely cleaves stubble, in all my razors is Astra SP. The others, Pol.SI and Persona Med Prep, work fine, but I find they can be a bit harsh if I use them daily. I change the blade after three shaves, but they'll deliver more.

I only use 3 blades these days - have 125 circa of each of these 3 blades and they work very well in all my 5 DE razors:

# Feather
    # Gillette 7 o'Clock Blue
    # Astra SP

These are the 5 most consistent blades to me. I don't mind using them in any of my razors:
    Astra SP
    Gillette 7 O'clock Black
    Super Iridium
    Gillette 7 O'Clock Green
    Personna Lab
    -= Boris =- What's your memories worth, if no one is around whom you can share them with!?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by El Judio Bravo View Post
    I wonder if you'll like them?
    They just shipped today from milogciachez in Spain. I'll give you a report after four or five shaves.
    Ajax Take your time, wave comes. Let the other guys go, catch another one – Duke Kahanamoku

Quote Originally Posted by El Judio Bravo View Post
    We've been talking lately about matching blades and axes in our arsenals. Has anyone found a blade that just works no matter what you load it into?

For me the Israeli Blues and Sharks (either flavor) do this. They're great buys for me as they are inexpensive and always deliver the goods. Rare success stories.
    by israeli blue do u mean crystals? if so I agree with u . crystals (come in a 10 pk with black exterior, marked double platinum) . the actual razor blade plastic pack has a blue cover over the blades. great overall. my first 100 pk that I'm to go through. enjoying my shaves and technique is always improving. always room for that

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast