What's new

Hurricane Isaac

Pics to come shortly. Most of South Florida in the water. Just wondering how everyone down here made out. Check out pics

Last edited:
Here are a couple of pics from my neighboorhood in Palm Beach County. The first one is from my driveway. The second one is going east bound on Lake worth Road and the Third one is the Lake that overflowed in my neigborhood.(The third pic is a park I take my dog for a walk every day. The water is usually 8- 10 feet behind the fence)

Attachments

• $089.jpg
    $089.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 67
  • $076.jpg
    $076.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 66
  • $098.jpg
    $098.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I'm surprised the Cadillac didn't stall out. Looks like the exhaust is submerged.
We only got scattered T-storms up here. Rain came down for a while, but no flooding.

I lost my house 7 years ago to the day in Katrina. We live near the levee wall collapse in Lakeview (11 feet of water). We rebuilt the house and the neighborhood is back gangbusters. We evacuated to the northshore of Lake Pontchartrain this time. The new levee protection seems to have worked well. Pics from a neighbor show no damage.

I know one thing...soon I will invest in a home standby generator. The relative we are staying with has one and it is beautiful to watch those lights come on automatically when the power goes out.

Last edited:
I rode the storm out 200 yards from the Gulf of Mexico in Mississippi. Worked a 48 hour shift on a hurricane rideout team. We grilled burgers and ribeyes for the first twenty four hours, then had to cook inside for the last. Periods of heavy rains and some pretty stiff winds, but all in all not too bad. My home is about sixty miles from the Gulf and further east, so I did okay there, too.

Top Bottom