What's new

Triple milled soap with more glide

Hey folks. Great site; I've been lurking for a while. I have several glycerin based soaps and one triple milled soap- Tabac. I want to purchase another triple-milled but I'm not sure which one to get. I'm mostly looking for the one with the most 'glide' to it and fragrance and latherability are only secondary. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Larry

Hey Larry,

Welcome to the boards... Glide, eh? Hm...

I've tried a few triple-milled soaps (T&H, Trumpers, and L'Occitane) and gotten the best results from the L'Occitane. That being said, I haven't tried any tallow-based soaps (MWF, DR Harris, Tabac) and suspect a few will advocate one of those. You're probably going to end up with 15-20 different suggestions- so be warned.

Quick question for you- which glycerine soaps are you using? I have tried a number of them and get fantastic results with QED (a ton of "glide")

L'Occitane is very slippery. could be the added Karité butter most French soaps contain. I like Lothantique even better. Slippery when wet.

Quick question for you- which glycerine soaps are you using? I have tried a number of them and get fantastic results with QED (a ton of "glide")
My go to glycerin based soaps right now are Mama Bear and Gentlemen's Quarter. I'll keep QED in mind.

The soap with the most glide for me is Penhaligon's. But Floris, L'Occitane, DR Harris, Trumpers, Gold Dach's, T&H Luxury, etc... they all work well for me in the glide department.

I have found Mitchells Wool Fat to work well for me. Great lubricity and the lanolin helps keep your face moisturized. Working up a good lather can be tricky depending on your water.

Glide, huh. How about Provence Sante? Seems to be the slipperiest thing out there.

Any of the usual suspects perform excellently though. (Penhaligons, Floris, D R Harris, MWF, GFT, T&H...)

If you haven't tried Honeybee Spa soap, I highly recommend it. Plenty of glide. Works better for me than many of the more expensive soaps.

Norm

Top Bottom