What's new

Vintage Tabarome

Somewhat. Creed reformulated what is now "vintage" Tabarome and ended up with Tabarome. I hope that was not too turgid.

You can get some here, but I don't know about full bottles.

Also I saw in another section Tabarome private blend was equated to tabarome vintage. I didn't find anything productive in a search, but maybe you'll have better luck.

okay pc,

i have recently fallen hard for this scent and have been looking around quite a bit. i have a 10ml decant of the stuff and absolutely love it. i picked up the decant here (great guy to deal with and a good price):

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169

this stuff is in creeds private collection line which only comes in the 8.4oz flacons. thats a lot of juice! their are a few places that i have found that carry it at a pretty good price but alas, they are out of stock. this place has it for retail price (i personally cannot choke that price down):

http://www.beautyandscents.com/products/for_men/product.cfm?LineID=35

it is the 3rd (last item) in the list. it looks like they have some in stock.

if you havent tried it yet i would definitely pick up a decant first since buying a bottle means buying 8.4oz!

if i can find it cheaper- i will buy the whole bottle--i like it that much!

cheers,
ryan

ohps- in my haste, i didnt read your original post as thoroughly as i should have, sorry to post info that you perhaps already are aware of. you are replacing a bottle... oic- sorry for being a bit of a dolt.

this stuff is in creeds private collection line which only comes in the 8.4oz flacons. thats a lot of juice! their are a few places that i have found that carry it at a pretty good price but alas, they are out of stock. this place has it for retail price (i personally cannot choke that price down):

http://www.beautyandscents.com/products/for_men/product.cfm?LineID=35

cheers,
ryan

Ouch! $315.00! I like it alot, hell I love it, but that much?

Going to Colonial Drugs this weekend. Who knows, perhaps they have a bottle or two stashed and collecting dust. If I come across it at a more reasonable price, I will post the details.

Ouch! $315.00!

yup! 8.4oz is so darn much, especially for a winter/formal scent. i dont think i could pull off wearing it that often. i am tempted to just buy a few 1/3oz decants to stash away.

cheers,
ryan

if any of my contacts find a more reasonable option i will let you know!

ryan,

I went by colonial drugs in Cambridge, MA this weekend, thinking that if anyone could get their hands on a reasonably priced, reasonably sized bottle of Vintage Tabarome, they would. They do have it in stock but only the 8.4 oz size. Apparently, Creed does still make it but it only comes in those enormous bottles. I suppose at some point (most likely half way through a bottle of Jack) I could bear to spend $290.00 on it but quantity wise, it is just too much.

The good news is that I left with a bunch of samples and to my nose, Tabac Blonde smells very similar. Of course the details are different as is the drydown but you may want to seek out a sample to see if it is a reasonably priced ($130/bottle) subsititute.

henry

thanks for the heads up. i am using my decant very sparingly. i have seen it for considerably less online but they are out of stock. i do have a bottle of bois du portugal on its way, which will be its substitute.

from looking at your stash link-you have a nice collection going! i have been wanting to pick up knize ten, yatagan and a few others that you have listed. i have a decant of musc ravageur but i just dont quite 'get it' yet. a bit too feminine and too much vanilla, not enough of the musky scent. i will have to give it a few more tries though.

cheers,
ryan

How is the Bois du Portugal? I have read a good bit about it, but have yet to smell it. Perhaps another trip to Cambridge is required...

Musc Ravageur is a strange one. I liked it so much I bought it after smelling it once. After a few months, I found I did not like it quite so much. And now it is moving back up the list. From the Frederic Malle series, I highly recommend Noir Epices (rose, geranium, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, patchouli and sandalwood). It is utterly unique and delicious and one of the few I like as much as Knize Ten and Tabarome.

i really like BdP, it is dry, rich and woodsy but isnt overly formal and stuffy. basically a warm classy scent with that is very wearable on a daily basis during the winter. vintage tabarome is much more rich and formal to me.

i will wear musc ravageur on my next date. i really want to get a womens perspective on it. i have heard great things about all of frederic malle edps. you are so fortunate to have great local shops to try out these scents prior to buying. i am jealous!

cheers,
ryan

i really like BdP, it is dry, rich and woodsy but isnt overly formal and stuffy. basically a warm classy scent with that is very wearable on a daily basis during the winter.

+1 I have a small decant that I got in a trade. I can wear it on a cool summer night out. :thumbup1:

Check Scentiments.com

They are always sold out of it, but if you happen to catch them at the right time you'll get there before the masses find out about it. I just got a bottle for $179, very nice. I knew I couldn't hem and haw or they'd be out of inventory when I went back so I snapped it right up. Just make a habit of checking.

There was also one recently on ebay for $240.

Top Bottom