What's new

Shoe recommendation

Hello All,
I am looking for some recommendations for a pair of brown leather casual shoes to wear with jeans. I have read so many good recommendations here for other things. Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Rockport....many different casual styles, well fitting, and long wearing.
They're the only ones I wear. (7 pair , in rotation)
They also offer dress styles.

Check out the Allen-Edmonds Casual Comfort series. They are well made shoes, look spiffy (almost European), and some of them are on sale right now, such as the Passport and Traveler.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonlin...parent_category_rn=183&occasion=196&catRows=7

As usual, you have to try in person, even if you already own Allen-Edmonds shoes, because the Casual Comfort series contains a removable insole which makes the shoe "smaller", compared to their normal sizes.

Best - MM

Depending on where you live, I find a nice pair of cowboy boots works perfectly for what you're describing. If I'm not wearing sandals, I'm almost always wearing a pair of beat-up Lucchese 1883 brown leather boots:

proxy.php

For a little more casual loafer style, I have these Cole Haan loafers and really like them:

proxy.php

Or, there is always the stand-by Sperry Topsiders:

proxy.php

Ecco Walkathons. VERY comfortable, durable, and light. Check out the picture of the 'black-bison' colored ones.

They're pricey but I'm pretty hard on shoes and I still have my first pair from 4 years ago in great condition even after daily wear for nearly 3 years. I retired them after picking up another pair in the newer style.

-Drew

Another vote for Rockports - very very comfortable. Doc Maartens are also very comfortable but I think they have less of a selection.

Timberland makes a variety of well made, comfortable, casual shoes. Even though I'm primarily a boot man, I like their version of the boat shoe. I also wear Roper slip on shoes when not in boots.

Surprised I haven't heard this yet, but Mephisto's are my comfort shoes of choice. They are hands down the best made shoe for the money. While they aren't inexpensive (they START at $250) I've never worn through a pair of them, and they are by far the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. I am so fond of them in fact, it's about all i'll wear, and have at least a dozen pairs. I've converted quite a few family members, and friends to Mephisto's from "lesser" brands such as Clarks, Ecco, Cole-Haan, etc - and they've all become die-hard mephisto fans. Another benefit of mephistos, is for $80 (and they pay shipping) you can get your shoes re-soled, the leathers re-conditioned/stained, and they arrive back to your home looking brand new - so like most things of the utmost quality, it's more of an investment. Mephisto's also have built in shocks, as well as a system which constantly cycles air around your foot, and out of the shoe to keep your feet completely dry/fresh.

I used to wear Ecco Seawalkers, and various Cole Haan's, etc - but would burn through a pair in a year, and towards the end of their life, they'd just start falling apart, stitching would look like hell, etc etc. With Mephisto's, I've worn them for YEARS, and they still look new, and nary a stitch misplaced.

As far as COMFORT shoes go - Mephisto reigns king...

Top Bottom