What's new

Boar hair brush?

I remember a while ago I came on B&B and everyone was raving over a certain type of oldschool boar-hair hair brushes, can anyone link me to the thread? I find that my scalp has tons of "scabs"/dry skin (i.e, things I can pick off when I scratch my hair) and I was wondering if a strong boar bristle hair brush would take care of that

I bought a bottle of Dollar General branded knock off of Vitalis hair tonic for $1.50 the other day. It does a good job of managing my fresh hairstyle and taking the frizz right out, but I wish it was unscented. It has a weird sweet lemon scent that seems to linger for hours.

I don't know which thread it may be, but there was a recent thread praising the military style boar brush from Kent. I have one and like it.

An English company called Mason Pearson makes a variety of pure boar brushes, as well as boar and nylon and plain nylon brushes. I've not used one of the pure boar ones, but the two nylon and boar mix ones I have are by far the best brushes I've ever used. They're very comfortable, but also very effective, really getting to the roots of your hair to the scalp. I think they're better than Kent's brushes, but they're also much more expensive, at least here in the UK.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I don't know which thread it may be, but there was a recent thread praising the military style boar brush from Kent. I have one and like it.
Tannhauser:
I thinks its right here! :w00t:

Also, for my hair & face, I replaced my natural bristle brush and just 'pulled-the-trigger' on a Kent (PF22...formerly Kent NSM01), Beech Wood, Pure Natural Bristle...Men's Military Oval Brush! :thumbsup:

$Fair & Hair Brush - Kent PF22.jpg
proxy.php
"[A hairbrush] is the final tip-off whether or not a [person] really knows themselves". Hubert de Givenchy

Last edited:
I have two and both serve useful. One Kent MG3 (military style) white bristle, and a Plisson (handled) pneumatic pad with black bristles. I find the white bristles to be more "coarse" and really good for brushing the scalp and the pneumatic brush ideal for styling. Especially for thinning hair. I would recommend both, however the Plisson model is discontinued. Many offerings out there that are alike though.

Top Bottom