What's new

Hey Question for the Experts

I'm a newbie to my HD DE (been doing it about a month or two) but not to wetshaving (mach 3 and goo).

I find that I get superior results with my AOS lavendar creme-pre shave, after etc. and my AOS silvertip #3 floppy brush than i do with my recently purchased rooney super badger style 1 size 1 and T&H Luxury soap. I watched the how to soap demo with the dry brush and everything, i just cant get a good lather with the soap. Plus the new regimen (i think the soap) leaves my face feeling a bit irritated. so all in all i dont get very good lubrication and end up getting poor shaves. oh yeah, im using IP's for both setups (which ive found to be the best from the sampler pack)

any suggestions?

I only have experience with a sample of T&H luxury shaving cream, and perhaps I got a bad sample, but I found it a little subpar. Like I said, probably a bad sample as most people that use it seem to love it. Maybe I'm missing something.
Regardless, if you're getting irritation and you know it's the soap, discontinue use.

Have you tried using a pre-shave oil? Does not need to be anything fancy, olive oil will work, might solve the lubrication problems. If you only get irritation with this soad, ditch the soap.

The T&H is good soap, so its either one or both of (i) your technique and/or (ii) the soap not agreeing with you.

Since you stated that you can't get good lather, its your technique with soaps that I suspect is the culprit.

Whether you're lathering on your face or in a bowl, the most common problem is not loading the brush with enough soap. Dribble a little hot water on the soap while your brush is soaking to soften it and then, once your brush is soaked and squeezed out, go to town and really load the brush up with soap try 2x as many swirls as you are doing currently - just to make sure you've got enough soap on the brush.

Then build your later by adding water slowly into the mix - it will take some experimenting, but the T&H does produce good lather.

If you get to the point where you can build good slick lather, then you can figure out if this soap is for you.

I'm a newbie to my HD DE (been doing it about a month or two) but not to wetshaving (mach 3 and goo).

I find that I get superior results with my AOS lavendar creme-pre shave, after etc. and my AOS silvertip #3 floppy brush than i do with my recently purchased rooney super badger style 1 size 1 and T&H Luxury soap. I watched the how to soap demo with the dry brush and everything, i just cant get a good lather with the soap. Plus the new regimen (i think the soap) leaves my face feeling a bit irritated. so all in all i dont get very good lubrication and end up getting poor shaves. oh yeah, im using IP's for both setups (which ive found to be the best from the sampler pack)

any suggestions?

Your floppy brush is giving you better results because it has a larger breech than your new one. To get the same results, you really need to load the breech of your brush with soap/cream and water. You may want to try to lather in a mug or bowl until you can get the consistency that you want before you try to lather on your face.

==Tom

Top Bottom