What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2012

proxy.php

Why am I just now seeing this thread?! I must be slipping in my old age. Ok, so here goes...my first BOTD post! I'm a huge IPA fan, but after reading the last couple of days about the Westvleteren 12 (did anybody get their hands on any by the way?...they sold out in minutes here in AZ), I decided to try my first craft Belgian style Ale. It was incredible! *Sigh*...a new journey begins. So I picked up this little gem. Delicious.

$BOTD_20121213.jpg

Stone Brewing 12.12.12

Very limited run of this stuff..............

Very jealous here...Ruination is hands down my favorite beer I've encountered so far. It's expensive and it's worth every last cent.

Today, and old standby...This beer, for whatever reason, gets better if it sits in the glass for a bit. Temperature, "breathing"...the science doesn't concern me, but it works. Cheers!

$BOTD_20121214.jpg

First time for the Self-Righteous. Not sure if I liked it at first, but it got better. I think 8.7 ABV has something to do with that.

$BOTD_20121218.jpg

After going through this thread again, it looks like I'm going to have to try my hand at a few more Stouts. A buddy of mine is a brewer/distiller at Newport Storm in RI and brought me some "VLAD" Imperial Russian Stout. It was amazing! Gonna have to try some Founder's Breakfast Stout...that sounds good.

You guys clearly are just the worst kind of people...I'm happy to join you.:001_cool:

Defended my thesis yesterday and had some lab mates and friends over for dinner and celebratory drinks afterward. A friend brought over a Cantillon Gueuze lambic that he picked up at the brewery last summer, a big surprise and wonderful gesture. Between that, a bottle of Charlevoix Dominus Vobiscum Lupulus, and many different homebrews, a great night was had!

Had several good brews yesterday at a couple spots in San Diego:
Stone's Vertical Epic 9/9/09 and 10/10/10 (was excited to be able to try these out as I only have bottles of the '11 and '12)
Port Brewing Sharkbite Red
Ballast Point Sculpin IPA
Avery Brewing White Rascal

Had several good brews yesterday at a couple spots in San Diego:
Stone's Vertical Epic 9/9/09 and 10/10/10 (was excited to be able to try these out as I only have bottles of the '11 and '12)
Port Brewing Sharkbite Red
Ballast Point Sculpin IPA
Avery Brewing White Rascal

Nice vertical tasting. And Sculpin...mmmm.

Nice vertical tasting. And Sculpin...mmmm.
mmmm indeed! We're fortunate to have a lot of great breweries in SD (Ballast Point being one), I try to visit a few every time I'm down there. Would it be bad to tell my wife I want to move back down there just for the beer? :blink:

Some delicious beer posted here over the last couple of weeks!!

Had some great and not-so-great brews in my travels over the past six weeks. To be honest, I couldn't find a whole lot I liked in St. Louis until I found Schlaffly's Coffee Stout, which was OK. Came across Oak Aged Yeti at Jon's Bar & Grille in Philly...food wasn't great, but they had some good beer on tap...AND drank a LOT of Breakfast Stout on tap at some other joint in Philly. Of course I had a bunch of Yuengling in Philly, too, for two reasons: It's not available in CT, so it's kind of a novelty - AND - it was the cheapest palatable beer on tap in my hotel. I could buy two pints of Yuengling for every one 12oz bottle of Guinness.

I'm home now. Last night I tried Otter Creek's new Imperial Stout. It's overpriced and undergood, AFAIC.

It won't displace Anchor or Founders in my porter lineup but it really is a solid drinkable beer. Malty vanilla taste, smooth and slightly sweet. Nice change. I'd give it maybe a B-.

Woo! Finally found it. Only took three months. Maybe there wasn't a distributor in CT until recently. Either way. I'm going to have at it tonight.

Breckenridge Vanilla Porter, that is.

Top Bottom