What's new

Fatboy doesn't "feel" as aggressive as the Slim...

Second shave with the FB tonight: face lathered AdP (strange, don't get a reaction anymore) loaded with an Astra SP and even though first shave on Thursday was on 7 I cranked it to 9.

Just didn't feel as aggressive, or as close, as the slim on 9 despite the obviously wider blade gap. I still haven't nailed the angles etc on the FB though as I had a fair bit o' touch up to get a DFS.

Anyone else had the same feeling between an FB and slim opened wide....?

For me, the feel is so similar, that of the three in the same size range, the 125, Slim, and the original Super Adjustable, the two all-brass, nickel plated razors work the same. The SA needs to be dialed to "8" to match the "7" I usually put my Slims on, is the only major difference, other than a possible slightly better gripping surface for the SA.

I guess it varies from razor to razor - but my slim and FB shave the same. A 7 on one is about the same on the other.

Check current thread on similar subject (Fatboy Mildness).

It seems there is a range of opinion as to which razor is more aggressive. It sounds more like a production tolerance issue than a YMMV thing.

Yup my FB is milder than my Slim. Ive been useing my Slim date J3 for 5 years set at 3. Just started useing my FB an E1 and found setting it at 4 was about the same as the Slim at 3. Both have been useing the same brand of blades as they are the only ones I have.

Second shave with the FB tonight: face lathered AdP (strange, don't get a reaction anymore) loaded with an Astra SP and even though first shave on Thursday was on 7 I cranked it to 9.

Just didn't feel as aggressive, or as close, as the slim on 9 despite the obviously wider blade gap. I still haven't nailed the angles etc on the FB though as I had a fair bit o' touch up to get a DFS.

Anyone else had the same feeling between an FB and slim opened wide....?
I feel they are about the same.

Gus/BOTOC

Top Bottom