What's new

Incoming!

Please feel free to add your acquisitions to this thread. Camera bodies, lenses, tripods, film, tickets to far-off photography destinations etc

I received a new lens in the post this week. Carl Zeiss Distagon 50/4 for my Hasselblad. I love shooting wide angle and I'm really looking forward to putting this one through it's paces.

proxy.php

What's new in your photo cabinet?

I might have a Winder 2 for my Olympus OM-2 make the trip from England to New Zealand next week.

If the postage isn't too terrible that is ...

Love the Hasselblad djh

I got in my darkroom setup a few weeks ago. Beseler 23C XL variable contrast head. It came with a timer, safe light and a bunch of trays and measuring devices. They also threw in what I'm guessing is about $500 worth of paper which is probably at least 10 years old. I'm hoping some of it is still good.

I also recently got my grandfathers entire camera collection. It's all 35mm Canon equipment. I got a F1, Ftb and A1. He also had a ton of FD lenses (fixed and zoom), filters, and other random accessories.

It would be rude to post a new lens and then not show any photos...... I have put a couple of rolls through the tank so far and the first set of negatives have been scanned.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

All shot on Hasselblad 500C with a Carl Zeiss Distagon 50/4. Kodak Tri-X400.

I have a Nikkor 55mm 2.8 Micro AF lens inbound courtesy of VitosClassic and the BST. Looking forward to trying it out on my D200!

Great looking and feeling pictures.

man..if those pics aernt works of art..I dunno what is..marvelous!

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Received this in the post from an e-bay seller this morning:

proxy.php

A green filter is great for shooting foliage on b&w film. Dark greens are lightened somewhat and will appear to be grey rather than black.

Those are beautiful pictures David. I very much enjoy all the pictures you post on B&B. I had an opportunity to purchase a Hasselblad film camera a few years ago and passed. I have regretted that decision.

I just purchased a new flash for my Pentax K-5. It is the 540fgz and I am looking forward to getting to know and use all of the features. Several weeks ago I purchased an SMC DA 12-24 zoom for our trip to Alaska and was very pleased with the results.

Regards,

Doug

Pentax K5 body, Sigma 1.4x and 2x APO teleconverters, Pentax 540 flash, 49mm lens cap, Topaz adjust to compliment my CS5 photoshop, Battery grip for K5 and K7 Pentax bodies.

Dave

This should be arriving Monday or Tuesday for me, the Canon 450 XSi. Today I got the wife the T3i 600D with the standard 18-55mm, plus a 55-250mm and a 50mm portrait lense for her birthday. She is in heaven, took it one of our boys football games today. The shutter speed is awesome, she got some really nice action pics.

Attachments

• $new camera.jpg
    $new camera.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,091
Those are beautiful pictures David. I very much enjoy all the pictures you post on B&B. I had an opportunity to purchase a Hasselblad film camera a few years ago and passed. I have regretted that decision.

I just purchased a new flash for my Pentax K-5. It is the 540fgz and I am looking forward to getting to know and use all of the features. Several weeks ago I purchased an SMC DA 12-24 zoom for our trip to Alaska and was very pleased with the results.

Regards,

Doug

Great pics David!

Thanks for the kind words guys. Doug; nice addition with the flash! I can also only imagine that the prices of Hasselblad film kit have come down in the past couple of years- I haven't been following them closely for that long. KEH have a pretty good selection of gear and provide great service if you are interested.

Pentax K5 body, Sigma 1.4x and 2x APO teleconverters, Pentax 540 flash, 49mm lens cap, Topaz adjust to compliment my CS5 photoshop, Battery grip for K5 and K7 Pentax bodies.

Dave

On fire Dave! Looking forward to seeing some of your work here in the Darkroom.

Waiting for what Nikon is going to announce this month.
This could get pricey.

I hear ya. Luckily I have given up chasing the newest and the bestest when it comes to photography.....

This should be arriving Monday or Tuesday for me, the Canon 450 XSi. Today I got the wife the T3i 600D with the standard 18-55mm, plus a 55-250mm and a 50mm portrait lense for her birthday. She is in heaven, took it one of our boys football games today. The shutter speed is awesome, she got some really nice action pics.

Terrific stuff Jason. That should be a lot of fun for everyone. Don't forget to share some pics.

Last photo equipment acquisition....in April of this year my wife bought me a Limited edition (silver in colour) of the Pentax 70mm F 2.4 Limited series lens. A wonderful lens. Aluminum and glass, very robust and the photos are extremely crisp and clear. Great bokeh.

Regards,

Doug
I have a Pentax 12-24. Excellent rating by Popular Photography. I've had it since May 2011. I use it primarily on either my K10D or K-5 bodies and like you, I'm very happy with it.

I picked up another cheap little lens this past week:

proxy.php

It is a Nikon E Series 100/2.8 and so far, I am very impressed. It is compact, contrasty and shows great colour rendition. I also picked up an orange filter (for black and white film work).

Top Bottom