What's new

Strong lavender scented soaps, any suggestions?

Recently while walking downtown here I stopped by a store and found a shampoo bar scented with Lavender and Bergamot. The thing about this bar is that I can't smell any citrus but the lavender is a very strong almost a spicy scent to it which is much different than the normal floral sweet lavender scent which i don't like. I absolutely love the scent of this bar and was wondering if there is a shaving soap scented like this that any of you know of. Thanks

I believe Martin de Candre is the scent you are describing. It has a strong, can be described as spicy, lavender scent that I absolutely love. I hope some others here with more experience can chime in.

Matthew at Queen Charlotte Soaps will do custom scented shave soaps for a very reasonable price. I've been using his Lavender-Tea Tree Oil Shampoo Bar for a while and loved the scent. I asked Matthew if he could do a shave soap with the same scent and within a few days I had it!

I can tell you that D.R. Harris lavender soap has a sweet, bright, floral lavender scent. Martin de Candre scented soap has a darker lavender note with a bit of musky herbalness to it. Those are the two I know of.

I would suggest QCS as well. I have the lavender cream and it is rather intense, and not flowery. It almost has a spice to it - herbaceous even.

MdC has lavender, but it also has some other notes, like rosemary (I think). You'll smell lavender, but it is muddled if you just want pure, punch me in the face lavender.

What does "earthy" mean when describing lavender? I'm intrigued, but I've smelled a TON of lavender (my mother has always used lavender scented everything) and it varies from grassy to flowery to astringent, occasionally a hint of fruitiness. I've never gotten anything I would describe as Earthy from lavender... which is a shame because an "earthy" lavender sounds really good to me.

I can tell you that D.R. Harris lavender soap has a sweet, bright, floral lavender scent. Martin de Candre scented soap has a darker lavender note with a bit of musky herbalness to it. Those are the two I know of.
Correction! The above was written last night. Had used D.R. Harris lavender that morning, and had used my new sample of MdC earlier in the week. I have kept my MdC open at the top of the bowl for I don;t have anything to close it with. Used my MdC this morning (to compare against the DRH), and the scent is become very muted. Now I am just aware that there is a hint of lavender in it. On my first uses of MdC it had a more pronounced scent, but I did notice that the scent didn't last after whipping up a lather.

You may want to try a QED Shaving stick. The blurb from the site:

All QEDman shaving soap scents are derived from natural essential oils because the fragrances are superior to anything synthetic, and because natural essential oils are purported to benefit most skins homeopathically.

Short money to try one out

What does "earthy" mean when describing lavender? I'm intrigued, but I've smelled a TON of lavender (my mother has always used lavender scented everything) and it varies from grassy to flowery to astringent, occasionally a hint of fruitiness. I've never gotten anything I would describe as Earthy from lavender... which is a shame because an "earthy" lavender sounds really good to me.

My thought is that earthy lavender would smell of soil and maybe grass.

Top Bottom