Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strong lavender scented soaps, any suggestions?

Images

Default Strong lavender scented soaps, any suggestions?

Recently while walking downtown here I stopped by a store and found a shampoo bar scented with Lavender and Bergamot. The thing about this bar is that I can't smell any citrus but the lavender is a very strong almost a spicy scent to it which is much different than the normal floral sweet lavender scent which i don't like. I absolutely love the scent of this bar and was wondering if there is a shaving soap scented like this that any of you know of. Thanks
    Member of the 2014 Shave Purchase Sabbatical

I believe Martin de Candre is the scent you are describing. It has a strong, can be described as spicy, lavender scent that I absolutely love. I hope some others here with more experience can chime in.

Images

Matthew at Queen Charlotte Soaps will do custom scented shave soaps for a very reasonable price. I've been using his Lavender-Tea Tree Oil Shampoo Bar for a while and loved the scent. I asked Matthew if he could do a shave soap with the same scent and within a few days I had it!
    Larry (TOFLAC-U, BOTOC, LOSER, The Rubberset 400 Club, Fountain Pen Junkie, Savior of Vintage Brushes, and some other stuff I forgot!)

I can tell you that D.R. Harris lavender soap has a sweet, bright, floral lavender scent. Martin de Candre scented soap has a darker lavender note with a bit of musky herbalness to it. Those are the two I know of.
    John

Images

Sounds like I need to try some MDC, now where can I find a sample to buy?

Images

Garry's Sample shop is a good place to get an MdC sample. He's a member here. This is one of his threads in the Vendor forum. Just send him an email. http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthr...81#post4395981
    Have a question or problem? PM a Moderator.

Make a donation or become a Contributor to B&B here http://badgerandblade.com/vb/payments.php

Images

I did, he is all out.

Mikes Natural Soap has a pretty strong..earthy and spicy (to me anyway) Hungarian Lavender.
    -Byron

9. Default

I would suggest QCS as well. I have the lavender cream and it is rather intense, and not flowery. It almost has a spice to it - herbaceous even.

MdC has lavender, but it also has some other notes, like rosemary (I think). You'll smell lavender, but it is muddled if you just want pure, punch me in the face lavender.

I agree-is a pretty punchy lavender at least, compared to the lavender products I've tried. Great performing soap too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadies View Post
    Mikes Natural Soap has a pretty strong..earthy and spicy (to me anyway) Hungarian Lavender.

QCS is a spicy lavender IMO.
    Muhle R41+Feather | Mike's Orange & Bay Rum, MWF, DR Harris Arlington, AOS Sandalwood

12. Default

Castle Forbes, I know it's a cream but it's really more like a soft soap.
    -Phil

Images

TOBS Lavender shave soap is quite good and has more of a medicinal lavender scent to it.
    David

If you have a problem, PM a Moderator. We're here to help.

2014- The journey continues

Images

What does "earthy" mean when describing lavender? I'm intrigued, but I've smelled a TON of lavender (my mother has always used lavender scented everything) and it varies from grassy to flowery to astringent, occasionally a hint of fruitiness. I've never gotten anything I would describe as Earthy from lavender... which is a shame because an "earthy" lavender sounds really good to me.
    IanS Handmade Shaving Soaps
    New Croap avail: Lav/Lime/Lanolin

Quote Originally Posted by john parker View Post
    I can tell you that D.R. Harris lavender soap has a sweet, bright, floral lavender scent. Martin de Candre scented soap has a darker lavender note with a bit of musky herbalness to it. Those are the two I know of.
    Correction! The above was written last night. Had used D.R. Harris lavender that morning, and had used my new sample of MdC earlier in the week. I have kept my MdC open at the top of the bowl for I don;t have anything to close it with. Used my MdC this morning (to compare against the DRH), and the scent is become very muted. Now I am just aware that there is a hint of lavender in it. On my first uses of MdC it had a more pronounced scent, but I did notice that the scent didn't last after whipping up a lather.
    John

You may want to try a QED Shaving stick. The blurb from the site:

All QEDman shaving soap scents are derived from natural essential oils because the fragrances are superior to anything synthetic, and because natural essential oils are purported to benefit most skins homeopathically.

Short money to try one out
    First DE Shave: 29-Aug-11; Feather Popular/Derby Extra/AoS starter brush/Cella/Alum Block

Monsavon, if you can find it...

Mystic Water Wild Lavender

Quote Originally Posted by ridnovir View Post
    Mystic Water Wild Lavender
    Lavender is my favorite scent and Mystic Water is my absolute favorite lavender. Her lavender/lime combo is awesome too.
    Cheers, Ryan

Images

Quote Originally Posted by SliceOfLife View Post
    What does "earthy" mean when describing lavender? I'm intrigued, but I've smelled a TON of lavender (my mother has always used lavender scented everything) and it varies from grassy to flowery to astringent, occasionally a hint of fruitiness. I've never gotten anything I would describe as Earthy from lavender... which is a shame because an "earthy" lavender sounds really good to me.
    My thought is that earthy lavender would smell of soil and maybe grass.
    Have a question or problem? PM a Moderator.

Make a donation or become a Contributor to B&B here http://badgerandblade.com/vb/payments.php