FS - 7 straights - Geo Wostenholm, W&B, Tally Ho
Getting out of the straights recently, and havent had the time to work on restoring a bunch of blades that i have sitting around. Time to sell them off to the B&B community, and hopefully they will restore these and post pictures.
Prices include shipping to CONUS. This is a CONUS only sale please. As always, please PM me if you think prices are out of line.
1) 8/8 Geo Wostenholm and Son "For Barbers" Use - this is a full wedge with a nice barbers notch. Also has jimps on the bottom and top. I have never seen a "For Barbers Use" from Geo W before. there is very minimal hone wear. as you can see, there is still some pitting on the blade. this is big sexy blade and one i dont really want to part with. i started a pair of wood scales for it, but they didnt work out (long story) and like i said i just havent had time to restore this beauty. Its a pretty rare blade with the Barbers Use from what i can tell and hesitant to sell. (EDIT - blade looks much better than in first picture, something weird with the flash. looks closer to condition shown in second picture) Asking $110 CONUS SOLD
2) 15/16 Wade and Butcher -full wedge. very minimal hone wear, but there is pitting on the blade as you can see. this will clean up really well. (EDIT - blade looks much better than in first picture, something weird with the flash. looks closer to condition shown in second picture) Asking $80 CONUS SOLD
3) 6/8 George Wostenholm and Sons - celebrated IXL Razor - full hollow blade with a good amount of hone wear. pitting as you can see. no cracks in blade. Asking $18 CONUS
4) 13/16 believe its a joseph allen and sons, but only the joseph and sons is barely legible - full wedge blade with very little hone wear. there is a small nick at the very end of the blade that i think you can see in the photo. lots of pitting as you can see. tail is broken as well. think this would be a great shaver and a really good wedge for honing practice too! wooden scales are function-able, but pretty loose. its a solid piece of wood, pretty cool and might be a fun restore itself. Asking $15 CONUS SOLD
5) 11/16 Essex Razor 503 - full hollow - a little staining/pitting as shown. moderate hone wear. there is also a chip at the end of the blade as you can see. was planning on rounded the tip. includes plastic scales,the razor is centered and pretty tight. Asking $14 CONUS
6) 13/16 Tally Ho LDK Fenney - full hollow razor - blade has a small chip as you can see, but i think it would easily be honed out since this is a full hollow razor. blade has minimal pitting/staining. plastic scales in pretty good shape, blade centers nicely and is pretty tight. the razor also has jimps on the top and bottom of the tang. not sure if the blade is mismatched with the scales, but it is a little bit short in the scales. blade edge is 2 3/4" long, perhaps it was shortened? not sure. Asking $35 CONUS SOLD
7) 5/8+ - Frederick Reynolds - full wedge - there is still some engraving visible on blade. average hone wear. plastic scales are not in the best shape but blade centers and is tight. pitting/stains as shown. Asking $20 CONUS SOLD
Last edited by DanInFla; 08-22-2012 at 08:42 AM.
DanInFla...but now in Maryland
"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers