Okay, after 10 days, I finally got a decent DE shave this morning. I have been patient as the mentors on this site have told me to stick with it and not get discouraged. Yesterday, I was doing a leisurely DE shave in preparation for church and the results were absolutely terrible. I had to resort to finishing with my Fusion to be presentable. This morning I decided to try a new blade and discovered that I had incorrectly assembled the razor. I put it together correctly with a new blade and it worked perfectly. Duh! I flunked out of engineering school but I should have noticed this error before. I hope that by sharing my mistake, other rookies can add this to their checklist if they aren't initially happy with their DE shaves. Ensure you have correctly assembled your razor!