What's new

Corks for Aftershave Bottles

Are the bags of corks that are available from Lowes or a craft store sufficient to seal a glass aftershave bottle, or does it require anything special?

Thanks.

First of all I can't imagine buying corks. I get a free one with every bottle of wine :biggrin1:

Thus I can't speak for the corks at Lowes, but I use a wine cork in my bottle of Dominica and some other generic glass bottles that I have used to keep aftershave in.

They will work fine and the bags usually contain an assortment which will give you options for different size bottles.

Regards,

Doug

We don't drink wine, so don't have any wine corks. Since they're not tapered, how do you plug a bottle with it? The bottles don't have the long opening that a wine bottle has.

In other words, does it seal an aftershave/hot sauce bottle as well as a tapered cork?

Thanks.

We don't drink wine, so don't have any wine corks. Since they're not tapered, how do you plug a bottle with it? The bottles don't have the long opening that a wine bottle has.

In other words, does it seal an aftershave/hot sauce bottle as well as a tapered cork?

Thanks.

I guess it depends on the bottle. The wine cork fits perfectly in the Domonica bottle but this is the only type of bottle I've seen that accepts a cork. The other bottles are just random bottles I found that accept a cork. But yea you can always dremel or sand them down to fit whatever you want. Scientific supply houses often sale various corks that may work for you.

Top Bottom