What's new

Martin de Candre Fougere Soap just may be a possibility!

So I emailed the fine folks at Martin de Candre the other day after some ongoing conversations on the forum about how much we love their Fougere scent and wish we could bottle it in an EdT and shave with it In a soap. So I decided to go right to the source and ask if it's a possibility. Here is their response!

On Aug 18, 2012, at 5:09 AM, "martin de candre" <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Sir,

We need time to create new perfumes (Eaux de Toilette and Shaving soaps) and we hope it will be possible peraps next year.

We thank you very much for your message and we are very touched with your attention.
Do you agree if we place your message on our online selling?
Many thanks.
Best regards,

Marie Amélie de Courcy
Responsable des relations clients

On Aug 18, 2012, at 10:22 AM, Eric Johnson <[email protected]> wrote:

Amazing! I'd be willing to wait however long it takes if it means you will produce more products with this fantastic scent. There are many fans of it who fell in love with your Fougere scent thanks to the sample bars you included in orders of your original shaving soap.

You may place my message on your online store. I will also be posting it on the badgerandblade.com message boards as there are many more fans of your products there that would be very excited to hear that a Fougere Toillette and Shaving Soap may be a possibility in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.

Sincerely,
Eric Johnson

So what do you think? Wouldn't that be fantastic!? Post back some support of this potential venture and I'll make sure to share the feedback with them to help provide some motivation!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
A Fougere Martin de Candre would be fantastic indeed! Thank you for posting and taking this great initiative! :thumbup:

I love those Fougere samples as well! I'm always sad to use it, yet enjoy it so much. I think it would be a great shaving soap! Well done Eric!

Also going to post this over in the Frags forums for additional support. But I would buy two big *** wood bowls of the soap if the made it in their Fougere!

Last edited:
Its the only thing I can think of that would make the soap better. Talk about a single soap I would use forever. I would stock up!! I love the original but this would be a great scent.

Aaron

Okay, I officially enter my name as poster #8 for the list of buyers if it comes to fruition. Yeah, I mean just tell them the PayPal, cheque, money order or whatever they want is waiting. I love this sort of scent and cannot for the life of me figure out why we don't have a shave soap in this fragrance. Please, MdC, just make it. I have wanted to try your shave soaps for awhile and this will put me over the top.

Cheers, Todd

Alright, I get the faux paus I just made. Let me correct it. How about a great shave soap in this fragrance? Yes, Penhaligon's makes a Fern shave soap. Anyone here willing to gamble $65 on the version with the bowl to see if it is worth it? That's what I thought.

Cheers, Todd

Thank you for taking this initiative and sharing the information with others.

The introduction of new Martin de Candre EdT and shaving soaps, particularly a fougere fragrance, would be wonderful. In my opinion, their products are exceptional and their shaving soap is the best in the world.

My goal here is just to gather feedback (presumably positive based on the love for both MdC shave soap and their Fougere body soap) that I can then give to them so they can see what the level of demand for such a product is besides my singular request. Hopefully that motivates them to actually get the product to market, and maybe sooner rather than later. Please keep your feedback on this possible product coming.

D

Deleted member 48987

This would be an amazing soap. Maybe we should all send emails?

Top Bottom