What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

Wild Turkey neat. I'm ready to mellow out for the weekend.

$IMG_20140725_203559.jpg

Bought some Eagle Rare 10 since my Makers 46 is running low to see if it is worth the praise it gets everywhere. The hype is legit. Good sipping, and even better considering it was under $30.

And wrt Cardhu 12, good stuff there too. Still have a bit left from a bottle I bought a while back. No idea where I'd get more since the store I got it from closed and was 400 miles away.

Last edited:

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Last night I had a glass of Old Grand Dad and coke with crushed ice.
I haven't done that in years.

I had a pork butt on the smoker yesterday that took FOREVER to finish.
About 8 PM it was pulled pork and Pappy time (Pappy 15). Yummy.

Wild Turkey Rare Breed. On target to become the fastest disappearing bottle to ever grace my cabinet.

Cask strength bourbon is where it's at! I keep buying minis of the Rare Breed (still bottled in glass), but I haven't committed to a full bottle yet. I like it every time I have it, but I there's just something that's missing that I can't put my finger on. Knob Creek Single Barrel and Booker's are also excellent cask strengths for slightly more scratch.

Angry Orchard Traditional Dry Cider.

The new Green Apple Angry Orchard is great as well. It strikes a nice balance between the dry pucker of the Traditional Dry and the sweetness of the Crisp Apple (a little too sweet and cloying for me).

My wife brought me a German alcohol free lemon flavored beer (erfrischender Zitronengetränk) ... it was well appreciated, but in reality, it tasted as bad as the name sounded :wink2:

Top Bottom