What's new

Misspelling

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Kawphy. I didn't get one letter right.

I really wanted to edit the thread to make it look as if the iriginal poster misspelled 'misspelled'.

And I'm and editor is still our greatest custom title. :biggrin1:

To much ironey:
proxy.php

separate
seperate

I hate the english language sometimes. I read and speak spanish fluently, speak french. different. not germanic

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I used to struggle with definately/definitely, until I heard someone say this great mnemonic:

If you spell definitely with an "A", you're definitely an A-hole. Haven't got it wrong since.

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch is easy enough for me.
Actually typed that without looking it up first. Went there once as you have to just to get the photograph standing next to the railway station sign!

After thirty years in IT of typing slower than I think I almost always type FIELD as FILED!

Gareth

Edit: Anyone know why when this displays, there is a gap in the town name? Not there when I type it!:confused1

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch is easy enough for me.
Actually typed that without looking it up first. Went there once as you have to just to get the photograph standing next to the railway station sign!

After thirty years in IT of typing slower than I think I almost always type FIELD as FILED!

Gareth

Edit: Anyone know why when this displays, there is a gap in the town name? Not there when I type it!:confused1

max character length limitation in the software.

Do all of them count? I feel sorry for people reading my posts sometimes :lol::blushing::lol:

That whole "i before e" thing gives me pause, and I say it to myself whenever I write words with that combo.

"I before e except after c and when sounding like a as in neighbor and weigh, and on weekends and holidays and all throughout May, and you'll always be wrong no matter what you say" - Brian Regan

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
That whole "i before e" thing gives me pause, and I say it to myself whenever I write words with that combo.

I hate that rule because there are so many exceptions

beige
codeine
conscience
deity
deign
eight
either
feign
feint
feisty
foreign
forfeit
freight
heifer
height
heinous
heir
heist
neigh
neighbor
neither
prescient
rein
science
seismic
society
sovereign
surfeit
veil
vein
weight
weird

(I have not read the whole thread sp pardon if I repeat)

I take my cue from Dr. Johnson, of dictionary fame, who said that the ability to spell a word only one way was a sign of ignorance.

also Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung throws me every time. Except for "mit" I screwem ahlup.

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
(I have not read the whole thread sp pardon if I repeat)

I take my cue from Dr. Johnson, of dictionary fame, who said that the ability to spell a word only one way was a sign of ignorance.

also Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung throws me every time. Except for "mit" I screwem ahlup.

I avoid that whole conundrum by writing LLC

Oh, I know her. Me and Miss Spelling have some minor disagreements every day. She's confusing my brain totally with her beauty and charm.

Meh, speling is like algebra. Mispell couple and the sentence comes out positive:) In It's final form it's called abstract english:biggrin1:

I've always had a problem spelling business as buisness.

I do a monthly newsletter for my business. I use the spell checker religiously. Two of my employees proof read what I write. Yet, I have a customer who is a retired English teacher that inevitably finds something wrong. It wouldn't bother me except that he hardly ever spends any money in my shop.

I do a monthly newsletter for my business. I use the spell checker religiously. Two of my employees proof read what I write. Yet, I have a customer who is a retired English teacher that inevitably finds something wrong. It wouldn't bother me except that he hardly ever spends any money in my shop.

Thus hire him to proof read the newsletter before you actually send it! He could get 10$ for each error he finds :)

My whole life I spelled exercise wrong. I always thought there should be a c after the x. And comming from a certified(but unemployed) Phys. Ed. teacher, thats not a good thing :biggrin1:

I had to sit down and write(type) it until it was muscle memory.

Top Bottom