What's new

Electric Shaver vs Safety Razor

I could never get a decent job on the neck area with an electric. And I tried both the rotary Norelco style, and the Braun ones. I think with some patience, technique, and quality lather, you will get some nice results too.

I have been told by 3 barbers I have the thickest beard they have seen. I have sensitive skin and blue beard (skin looks like 5 o'clock shadow after a shave). I have tried fusion, DE and a whole bunch of other carts. I see a dermatoligist every other month to get shots in my face to help with my ingrowns. People come to my house and they think my sink is my wifes, that is how much stuff I have on it. Have 4 different creams, a bunch of face soap, acne meds and even a oral tablet to take everyday.

I still get ingrowns. I do have to say, I get less with DE then with a fusion. I am so sick of it though. As soon as my face clears up from the ingrowns, I have a 2 or 3 day grace period then bammmm 1, 2 or 3 pop up.

Maybe my lather sux or my technique. Who knows... Maybe I have not found the right combo for my face.

Long story short..... DE has not prevented ingrowns for me.... Nothing has LOL yet

Welcome!
proxy.php

proxy.php

awesome....

honestly, a shave will only last so long. that's why many shave every day. like me.
I had a norelco double blade electric. when I had a new blade, every 6 months, it was superb for like a month. after that, suspect.
had mach3's for a while but the blade costs, ugh!
with de shaving I now enjoy my shaves, like seriously, I shave at nite sometimes just to relax. I hope when I hone my straight razor skills I can move onto that in a few years. the journey is what I'm here for, and great shaves. I find a certain peace as I face lather every morning before my hectic day begins.

Top Bottom