What's new

B&B Monthly Photo Contest--August--Vote

How about a photo contest?

Rules: You must be the photographer
One entry per month
Try and make the image a recent one

Theme: monotone

The winner gets bragging rights and the pick of the following month's theme.*

At the end of the month Jason will close the thread to entries and we'll have one week to vote for your favorite image.

*When you win try to keep the themes general, and since B&B has members world wide no geographically specific themes--such as desert landscape or European cityscapes, etc.

So, what say y'all? Lets see your black & white images.
Good luck and good light.

Last edited:
Great idea! I have to see if the 3G has a B&W feature. I swear this new assignment will have me dropping a months salary on camera equipment! Come on guys, show your skills!

I'll start things off:

proxy.php

I'd like to put up a newer pic, but since my darkroom is only partially ready, I'll do an old one.

This is a picture of my college roomates DW drum kit set up before a gig at the Terrapin Brewery.

Taken on a Nikon F2 Photomic 50mm lens using Kodak BW400CN. Film was processed at a local Walgreens, then scanned in.

$054A-XL.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in too. This one it at least five years old but I'm posting it here anyway.
It's a blackbird if anyone wondered. Nikon d50 and 70-200 2.8.

proxy.php

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Here is one of mine. I am no photographer, but this subject matter is important to me... my three children.
Taken with a Nikon point and shoot, a couple years ago.
$kids.jpg

Last edited:
Great news for the contenders! In addition to bragging rights and selecting the next theme, a B&B coffee mug will also be awarded to the monthly winner! Now go get creative and inspiring!:thumbup:

Legion

Staff member
Only one entry? I dunno. This is fairly recent, taken on a camping trip a few months back. I just used a Panasonic Lumix LX-3. I'm not taking an SLR camping with me these days...

proxy.php

This not so little guy perched himself on my window the other night.
Taken with a Nikon D90 w/105 Macro tripod mounted:

Attachments

• $Moth BandW.jpg
    $Moth BandW.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 330
This not so little guy perched himself on my window the other night.
Taken with a Nikon D90 w/105 Macro tripod mounted:

Craig, you do a really good job of getting your windows clean. Can you come to my house to do the same? :001_tongu Seriously, nice picture of him!

Nikon D800 with 35mm 1.4 g.
Lit with a Alienbees ring flash and a back light.

Attachments

• $DSC_2280.jpg
    $DSC_2280.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 310

Mike H

Instagram Famous
You went camping in the Cretaceous?

Only one entry? I dunno. This is fairly recent, taken on a camping trip a few months back. I just used a Panasonic Lumix LX-3. I'm not taking an SLR camping with me these days...

proxy.php

Top Bottom