Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Strong Smelling long Lasting Shower soap

I've had good luck with the Mama Bear bath soaps. I tend to pick bath soap, shave soap, aftershave and deoderant that match or complement each other. That seems to make the fragrance last longer.
    ~Paul

I like the L'Occitane soaps. The large Verbena one lasted me about ten weeks showering twice a day and the fragrance lingered in the bathroom all day. I also like the Green Tea and Jasmine, but that's just me, I like my girly scents. They also do some of their male scents in soap bars too, all very moisturising and great fragrances.

Yes, the Caswell Massey Woodgrain Sandalwood is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffM View Post
    Wholefood's Grapefruit Mint is my favorite one of theirs. If you want to go off the grid a little, try African DuDu-Osun Black soap from amazon online. It has a wonderfully sweet distinctive scent that lasts and has been mentioned on this site.
    DuDu?
    Rob- Shower Shaver. Just shave already!

Great suggestions so far. If you want to be frugal, Safeguard will keep you smelling clean all day, and is antibacterial. I love the stuff.
    - Allan

LEMS, Order of the Kent, Old Spice Mondays, The Synthetic Shaving Brush Society

Wow thanks guys I gotta save some money got so many soaps to try out....

Mistral's black amber has one of the strongest scented soaps I've ever used plus, its a darn good soap. All three of the soaps I've used from them were strong but not like the black amber, and its a good scent.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheGluestick View Post
    I love the Trader Joe's triple milled french ones. The lemon-verbena scent is very strong, and the green tea is a little more mild. They last forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearoid View Post
    I like the L'Occitane soaps. The large Verbena one lasted me about ten weeks showering twice a day and the fragrance lingered in the bathroom all day. I also like the Green Tea and Jasmine, but that's just me, I like my girly scents. They also do some of their male scents in soap bars too, all very moisturising and great fragrances.
    +1 to the TJ's Lemon Verbena with Shea Butter. Great soap, it's less than $4.00 for a HUGE bar, and it lasts for ages.

I can't be sure, of course, but to my nose and skin, TJ's Lemon Verbena is an EXACT match for the l'Occitane Verbena--and the TJ's soap is "Made in France" too. Coincidence? I think not!
    [FONT=arial]John - [/FONT]
    If you enjoy the time you spend on B&B - [URL="http://www.badgerandblade.com/vb/payments.php"][COLOR=#004499]become a contributor[/COLOR][/URL] and support B&B!

Images

I find the Caswell Massey soaps are very long lasting. Number Six especially, but Jockey Club is very long lasting as well. In fact, it will smell up that whole end of the house when you use it!
    Gareth | TheHandleBarSupply.com
    Rooney, Trumper, Kent, TOBS, Beaumont, Merkur, Parker, DE Blades, Pomade and more.
    Use Coupon code BBMEMBER for 10% off most items. Free CONUS shipping on orders over $55.

Nesti Dante from Italy.

Standard-line-industrial soaps, but strong parfumed. In the beginning, it smells al little irritating, because the soaps are made with additional pork-dripping.

I´ve tested the "Blue Iris", "Cypresso" and the "Olive-Oil and Tangerine". Nice stuff.

Images

I picked up a Yardley Oatmeal and Almond Bath Soap yesterday and was really impressed with it. They had a really killer Lavender one there too.
    Jason: Vampire Shaver

This is probably not a popular opinion here, but if you're looking for strong smelling and lasting soap you should try any of the mass-produced soaps found in most stores. Coast, Irish Spring, Zest, etc. They smell good and last a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearoid View Post
    The L'Occitane Verbena soap is fantastic!! Love the stuff!
    - Pat -

Images

Yardley comes in several offerings and I have loved them all. Buy extra and they keep your drawers and linen closet smelling good.
    I'm a ole Minister who loves the Ole South. I am an Arko Acolyte.

Quote Originally Posted by Deltaboy View Post
    Yardley comes in several offerings and I have loved them all. Buy extra and they keep your drawers and linen closet smelling good.
    Yep after creating this thread I went with Yardley Lavender as my hand soap in the washroom. 2 weeks of use and it is still in good shape! Unfortunately they only sell the Lavender here so don't know how their other scents are like.
    Muhle R41+Feather | Mike's Orange & Bay Rum, MWF, DR Harris Arlington, AOS Sandalwood

Quote Originally Posted by PugslyCat View Post
    I've had good luck with the Mama Bear bath soaps.
    +1

I have used several of her soaps and they all smell great and have a lasting scent.

I loved Speick - it made me want to shower twice as often... I'm leaning towards some Musgo Real on eBay - I've seen a few good prices.

Images

Caswell Massey was/is on sale at shoplondons.com. (50% off) and decided to try it out. Only have tried one bar once, No. 6, and the scent does seem to last and it lathers nicely.
    Member of the BOTOC, Alliance of Merkur
    ~Gil, U.S. Navy Retired (1984)~

Aramis soap is quite nice. Lasts a while and smells like Aramis. They are kinda pricey though, $15 for a 6 oz bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennard View Post
    +1 for Yardley soaps.
    +2
    Rob- Shower Shaver. Just shave already!