What's new

I Confess - I'm a Badger Polygamist!

Try as I might to settle down with one Badger...I have failed. I have however, settled down with three that I'm happy to live with for the rest of my days...mmmm...well, maybe.

Simpsons Chubby 3 Super 31/56
Rudy Vey 2 Band Finest 30/55
Semogue SOC Cherry 24/53

The difference between the Chubby 3 and the SOC is significant - both are outstanding brushes - but both are very different.

$Brush1.jpg

$Brush2.jpg

$Brush3.jpg

$Brush4.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I think it's supposed to be 2-band and it certainly has a bit of backbone to it; but it looks like a 3-band in the pictures. Not sure how Semogue defines that...or perhaps mine is an older version.

I think I'm a monogamist, when I find a brush I like it's all I want to use. As a rule, I like big knots. However, this summer with all the humidity my big knots are very slow drying. I've started using a 22mm brush and I don't seem to be able to put it down. That's not to say I only have one brush but I just don't like rotating them daily. I'm faithful to a brush one week at a time (if they'll dry daily) which is the same way I rotate my straights. I'm not so good with soaps, I can only make about 3-4 days before I have to mix it up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom