What's new

fatip grande handle

I recently acquired a fatip grande and I'm not really a fan of the handle for the head, I want to replace it with a tradere or iKon bulldog. I have a tiny travel tech that I wanted to pair the fatip handle with but it didn't fit. So I was wondering, what razor heads fir the fatip grande handle?

There's a few threads about this,but I'll post what I found.The UFO Godzilla fit nickel Grande,chrome Grande,and Piccolo.The Tradere fit the nickel Grande and the Piccolo but not the chrome Grande.The Ikon Bulldog handle didn't fit any of my FaTips.

That's just my FaTip's,if you go thru the threads you'll see different results.This is one of the threads Joris/Fatip lovers reviews and pics thread,sorry I didn't get the linky thing to work.

my weber standard and bulldog both fit my fatip head, the fatip handle does not seem to fit any other razor head, i wanted to use the fatip handle on an old tech head as well.

great thank you.

question, are these just a list of handles that will fit on the fatip chrome head, or is it both handles that will fit the fatip head and heads that will fit the hatip handle?
Do fit: 1)Bob Razor Works Deluxe XL, 2)Weber Bulldog, 3) *Ikon Bulldog(some say it wont fit)*, 4) Tradere (many members say it fits), 6) UFO-Godzilla, 7) 7 oclock,
8) Gillette New OC, 9) LC ball end gold plated (GB) 10) Gillette Old OC ball end silver plated (US), 11) Gillette Old OC short travel handle (US), 12) Gillette Tech slim handle (fat alike) (GB), 13) Gillette Tech straight aluminium, 14) Lord L6 , 15) Mercur 985CL (2 piece travel handle), 16) Parker 98R 17) BRW Bull Mastiff Deluxe - (Fits. Starts loose, but tightens up sufficiently, 18) 98R Heavy Duty Premium Barberpole, 19)

great thank you.

question, are these just a list of handles that will fit on the fatip chrome head, or is it both handles that will fit the fatip head and heads that will fit the hatip handle?
Do fit: 1)Bob Razor Works Deluxe XL, 2)Weber Bulldog, 3) *Ikon Bulldog(some say it wont fit)*, 4) Tradere (many members say it fits), 6) UFO-Godzilla, 7) 7 oclock,
8) Gillette New OC, 9) LC ball end gold plated (GB) 10) Gillette Old OC ball end silver plated (US), 11) Gillette Old OC short travel handle (US), 12) Gillette Tech slim handle (fat alike) (GB), 13) Gillette Tech straight aluminium, 14) Lord L6 , 15) Mercur 985CL (2 piece travel handle), 16) Parker 98R 17) BRW Bull Mastiff Deluxe - (Fits. Starts loose, but tightens up sufficiently, 18) 98R Heavy Duty Premium Barberpole, 19)
These handles fit on the FaTip described accordingly, i made it real simple see...It says Fits and Dont fit

NOTE: These listings will change daily please see end of thread for updated list. So far this is the latest findings as of August /14th /2012....

1) Fatip Grande Nickel :

:thumbup: Do fits : 1) Tradere,2) Edwin Jagger DE8, 3) Gillette Fat Tech handle, 4) Gillette New Comb, 5) Weber Bulldog, 6) Weber classic, 7) UFO-Godzilla 8) Parker 91r
9) Parker 48r, 11)
Ikon Bulldog ( some members say it fits)

:thumbdown Do not fit :Ikon Bulldog, Muelle R41
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2) Fatip Piccolo :

:thumbup: Do fit: 1) Weber Bulldog handle, 2) Tradere, 3) Ikon OSS , 4) UFO Kaiser, 5) Feather AS D1, 6) Gilette New Fat Handle, 7) Gillette Fat TEch Handle, 8) Parker 98R, ---
9) IKON Bulldog *( some say it dont fit), 10) UFO-Godzilla

:thumbdown Do not fit: 1) Mariner long handle, 2) R41 Grande handle, 3)Ikon Bulldog, 4) EJ DE89
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
3) Fatip Grande Chrome :

:thumbup: Do fit: 1)Bob Razor Works Deluxe XL, 2) Weber Bulldog, 3) *Ikon Bulldog(some say it wont fit)*, 4) Tradere (many members say it fits), 6) UFO-Godzilla, 7) 7 oclock,
8) Gillette New OC, 9) LC ball end gold plated (GB), 10) Gillette Old OC ball end silver plated (US), 11) Gillette Old OC short travel handle (US), 12) Gillette Tech slim handle (fat alike) (GB),
13) Gillette Tech straight aluminium, 14) Lord L6 , 15) Mercur 985CL (2 piece travel handle), 16) Parker 98R, 17) BRW Bull Mastiff Deluxe - (Fits. Starts loose, but tightens up ), 18) 98R Heavy Duty Premium Barberpole,

:thumbdownDo not fit : Tradere Handle(on some, many do fit)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4) Fatip Grande Gold :

:thumbup: Do fit : 1) Feather AS, 2) BRW Bull Mastiff Deluxe / Fits. Starts loose, but tightens up sufficiently, 3)UFO-Godzilla,

There's a few threads about this,but I'll post what I found.The UFO Godzilla fit nickel Grande,chrome Grande,and Piccolo.The Tradere fit the nickel Grande and the Piccolo but not the chrome Grande.The Ikon Bulldog handle didn't fit any of my FaTips.

That's just my FaTip's,if you go thru the threads you'll see different results.This is one of the threads Joris/Fatip lovers reviews and pics thread,sorry I didn't get the linky thing to work.
Gerry, I got you
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...-and-handle-name-thread-post-all-here!!/page7

I use an Ikon Bulldog handle on my Fatip with much improved 'balance/feeling' of the razor. Hope this will help.

I also use an Ikon bulldog handle on my Nickel Fatip Grande head. I note that it seems loose initially but after a few turns the handle works just fine. However many people also report that this handle does not fit.

I have also had success with the Tradere, iKon OSS and now the UFO Kaiser handles as well.

proxy.php

I took the plunge and ordered a Grande Gold from Shaving.ie and I can't wait to try it out! Does adding a heavier handle make it better to shave with though, as I thought zero pressure is required!!!
Another question, do they come in the nice blue box with velvet-effect interior I have seen on some sites? It's a very beautiful razor and it will sit very nicely with my R41 (2011) :)

I took the plunge and ordered a Grande Gold from Shaving.ie and I can't wait to try it out! Does adding a heavier handle make it better to shave with though, as I thought zero pressure is required!!!
Another question, do they come in the nice blue box with velvet-effect interior I have seen on some sites? It's a very beautiful razor and it will sit very nicely with my R41 (2011) :)

Although YMMV - Heavier handle makes it easier not to apply excessive pressure at the head because of the added momentum created.

It came in the post today and boy is it a beauty! I can't wait to try it!
$IMG_1806.JPG
Well, I tried it at long last!
I was actually going to wait until after the weekend to try it though, but this is how the story goes.
I was about to shave before going to a wedding and I had my R41 (2011) on the sink ready to go and at the last second I loaded an Israeli Personna into the Fatip which was sitting there too.
I started my very first stroke on my left cheek and the Fatip just munched that cheek clean in a flash, also gobbling the stubble on my chin without a problem.
The left cheek, moustache and neck stubble was wiped out pretty quickly too making the first pass enjoyable and smooth. The second ATG pass was easy and I was left with a BSS after a little touch up under my chin!
I'm glad I pulled the trigger on this baby and now I have a worthy companion for my R41 (2011). The gold looks superb and only a razor this beautiful could be made in Italy!

Any man on the fence about the Fatip, just do it! Pull that trigger!

Last edited:
Also got it today and shaved with it, also a Grande, mine in chrome.
Total BBS, excellent shave, very pleased.
However the head seems better finished compared to the handle, which looks rough in the finishing.
Also, if you buy a separate handle it ups the total prize.
But, a small prize all in all to reach shaving nirvana.

Also got it today and shaved with it, also a Grande, mine in chrome.
Total BBS, excellent shave, very pleased.
However the head seems better finished compared to the handle, which looks rough in the finishing.
Also, if you buy a separate handle it ups the total prize.
But, a small prize all in all to reach shaving nirvana.
Welcome to the J/T lovers gang...one of the best Open combs today

It came in the post today and boy is it a beauty! I can't wait to try it!
View attachment 273519
Well, I tried it at long last!
I was actually going to wait until after the weekend to try it though, but this is how the story goes.
I was about to shave before going to a wedding and I had my R41 (2011) on the sink ready to go and at the last second I loaded an Israeli Personna into the Fatip which was sitting there too.
I started my very first stroke on my left cheek and the Fatip just munched that cheek clean in a flash, also gobbling the stubble on my chin without a problem.
The left cheek, moustache and neck stubble was wiped out pretty quickly too making the first pass enjoyable and smooth. The second ATG pass was easy and I was left with a BSS after a little touch up under my chin!
I'm glad I pulled the trigger on this baby and now I have a worthy companion for my R41 (2011). The gold looks superb and only a razor this beautiful could be made in Italy!

Any man on the fence about the Fatip, just do it! Pull that trigger!
Welcome to the Gang, I love to hear these stories. The FaTip is a instant classic too.

Thanks, and thank you for creating the -what-handle-fits-what list.
Yeah the Fatip had me faceturbating, and I hadn't been faceturbating in a while (no, honostly!) :blushing:.
Instead of the Tradere handle I think I'll order a Weber Bulldog handle.
However the Tradere is being sold in Europe and the Weber only overseas.
Not a biggie, but it adds to the costs. I have a gut feeling I'll like the Weber more.
Maybe I "need" both eventually.

Top Bottom