What's new

Gillette Canada serial numbers

Thank you mblakle, I did not know I could do that. I hope I can do it with my iPhone, since I don't have a regular computer. I will give it a shot.

Per your PM I added PC 52019. I am waiting on the second razor because I am unsure of the serial number.

I hope the extra data is useful for placing these razors, someday. If we are simply compiling an exhaustive registry of every known Old Type from Canada, I am not sure I see the value in that.

I have just got a Canadian Pocket Edition here in the UK,Empire case,with clasp,smooth ball handle,and code PC 19183.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Hope that helps some!.

EDIT - It has the King Gillette patent dates on the back of the case,with the Russia April-30-07.

Last edited:
proxy.php
proxy.php

Serial number 944883 inside the guard
Can pat mar 7.05 on bottom ring of handle
Gillette under that
Any ideas on date?

Last edited:
proxy.php
proxy.php

Serial number 944883 inside the guard
Can pat mar 7.05 on bottom ring of handle
Gillette under that
Any ideas on date?

Hello, I think Gillette started putting serial numbers on the base plate around 1913. Prior to that the serial numbers were on the inner barrel. Gillette Canada did things their own way, but I think the transition from serial numbers on the inner barrel to the base plate would have happened around the same time for both Gillette Canada, and Gillette USA.

Hello, I think Gillette started putting serial numbers on the base plate around 1913. Prior to that the serial numbers were on the inner barrel. Gillette Canada did things their own way, but I think the transition from serial numbers on the inner barrel to the base plate would have happened around the same time for both Gillette Canada, and Gillette USA.

I believe the change from serial number on the inner barrel to the base plate comes 1909

R

romsitsa

Hello gentleman,

is there a possibility that only the Canadian factory marked their pocket editions on the case bottoms with G in D stamps? I didn't see many Canadian sets, but it looks like these are the only ones having G in D on their cases, but not the razors.

Thanks

Adam

I have a Canadian Big Fellow. Until today, I had no idea that it was in any way unusual.
The serial # = 769629.
Anyone else in the Canadian Big Fellow club?

$IMG_1213[1].jpg

I have a gold finish Canadian cased Tuckaway with Canadian serial number 96172Z which looks to be near the highest known.

I have just acquired this Canadian Old Type thin handle, Serial No. 002215. I am, however, confused as to
the fact that the case has a smooth bottom, rather than a Patent No./Date style case. Is this correct?
Thank you,
Kevin$DSC01505.jpg$DSC01517.jpg$DSC01510.jpg$DSC01513.jpg$DSC01516.jpg

Top Bottom