What's new

Gillette Canada serial numbers

Hi Everyone, First post here. Let's see if we can get pics this time.
Just picked up this set. Thanks for the info.

Very nice set! It's got all the indications of being one of the earlier ones out of Canada: latch-style case, low "PC"-prefixed serial number on the "punched down" style guard plate. I'd guess it's probably around 1909, maybe early 1910.

Thanks guys. I think they all are quite beautiful. I'm working on a complete silver set. I just need to find a flower case and an Empire handle. Good luck right :) maybe someday.

Hi Everyone, First post here. Let's see if we can get pics this time.
Just picked up this set. Thanks for the info.

View attachment 377198View attachment 377199View attachment 377201
Welcome to B&B, i have included your razor in the Shave wiki http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Gillette_Canada_Dating_Information?redirect=no

PC 075097509Pocketsmooth ball----Pocket edition with smooth ball and asymmetrical studs; basket-weave case with signature logo on underside and 1907 Russian patent: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthr...ette-Open-Comb
C 1028610286Single Ringstandard-bullet-noNumber on barrel.
attachment.php
PC 2170821708Pocketstandardpunched downABCnoFrom B&B/Jagger Gold Empire set http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthr...-numbers/page4

Last edited:
Thanks Alex! It's actually a silver set. I think I got the light a little too close on those first two pics. Sorry.

Another data point to add. My Single Ring Standard Set.

Serial Number 597380 on the top of the guard, MADE IN CANADA, G inside a D, Gillette Diamond with Arrow with TRADE MARK in it on the bottom of the guard.

CAN PAT MAR 7.05 & GILLETTE on the barrel.

Nothing on the bottom of the box.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
until today, I thought I had a 1912 Canadian Old type, but from reading another thread I now have no idea of what year it is.
c104272
$DSCF7088.jpg
$DSCF7240.jpg$DSCF7241.jpg

Mine has the same reverse knurling...it was brought up earlier in the thread but nothing became of it.

Congrats on the score.

Mine has the same reverse knurling...it was brought up earlier in the thread but nothing became of it.

Congrats on the score.

Seems like there are only a few examples of this around. Mine is in pretty amazing condition surprisingly. Hopefully we can figure out more about them.

Here's some photo's of my Canadian made Single ring...
It was black as coal when it arrived but has cleaned up well.
A few questions to ask about the date of it I was trying to pin it down to a year.
Could it be added to the Canadian wiki please ?

1. The razor has a date code C67985 on the barrel
2. The case has the script logo
3. The blade banks/boxes have the diamond logo
4. The bottom and back of the box is covered in black leather look but the front, two ends and top are in brown.
5. CAN PAT MAR.7.05 on the handle

All information greatfully received thankyou.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I have another Canadian made razor to add. This is the Pocket set with a solid handle and smooth ball end.

The serial No is 313825

Could this also be added to the Canadian wiki please ?

Photo's below:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Good Morning men, I have two Canadian Pocket Editions I would like to have added to the Wiki please. The first is an Empire case with a super thin Smooth Ball Handle Old Type, serial PC52019. Here's those photos first-
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426142997.639996.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426143011.989751.jpg
And second is a Floral pattern Pocket Edition with another Smooth Ball handle Old Type. The handle on this one is thicker than the handle on the first razor, but still narrower than a standard Old Type. Here's those photos-
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426143253.805510.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426143266.588513.jpg

Good Morning men, I have two Canadian Pocket Editions I would like to have added to the Wiki please.

Self-service is the usual method. I added a couple of razors for 782sirbrian, because he is new to the site and will not be able to edit wiki pages until he reaches the 45 day / 50 post threshold. But I am not sure I put the new rows in the right place, or got all the terminology right: I rely on Porter and our other experts in this area to correct any mistakes.

Anyway you should be able to edit the page, much like writing or editing a forum post. If you run into problems or questions you can PM me, or anyone else on the wiki team.

Thank you mblakle, I did not know I could do that. I hope I can do it with my iPhone, since I don't have a regular computer. I will give it a shot.

Top Bottom