What's new

Brush Chronicle #13: Vulfix

My next contribution to the Vulfix Chronicles is my 2233 lathering Cella. Being a soft soap, the Vulfix loads this product faster than it does a hard puck soap so total loading time for me was around 30-45 seconds. I bowl lathered the Cella in the G-5 slowly adding small amounts of water as I progressed. The result was a very rich and creamy lather that provided a superb shave with my slant. I don't know about anyone else but Cella always looks very airy to me no matter how dry or wet I lather it. As you can see in the pictures, there are more micro bubbles than I prefer or get with any of my other soaps, but the lather was thick and cushiony none the less. I have fairly hard water so that might also play into it. Sorry for the poor picture quality and lighting for this installment, I was short on time as I have been all week and was trying to get decent shots in a dark area. My apologies. Jeremy-

A density comparison with my M&F chubby. Vulfix left, Chubby right.
$photo 1 (9).JPG

The 2233 fully loaded with Cella, ready to go to the scuttle.
$photo 3 (10).JPG

Finally the finished pruduct. Thick and creamy, dense and slick. The little badger from the Isle of Man does it again!

$photo 4 (8).JPG

Thanks for your contributions to this Edition of the Brush Chronicles Gentlemen! This thread will remain open and the information contained herein will be a valuable resource for our membership in the years to come.

Thanks for your contributions to this Edition of the Brush Chronicles Gentlemen! This thread will remain open and the information contained herein will be a valuable resource for our membership in the years to come.

It has been my pleasure to add my little tid bit of information regarding Vulfix brushes. They are wonderful brushes indeed!

Always in all of my Vulfix brushes after my shave i end up not knowing what to do with the lather left in the Loft! Please help!!!

I have read with great interest your very fine reviews but ... in my case, the Vulfix loses its hair continuously !!! :mad3: I have bought it just before the summer, used it only for trips abroad as it came in a very nice little box which is very practical for caring in my washbag but just after its first use... I begun having bristles left on my face while lathering !! I thought this was initially due to using quite hot water for soaking the brush in before shaving, but whatever water I use, bristles keep falling off !

I am very pissed off and do not know what to do; any ideas? Have they sold me a fake ?

I have read with great interest your very fine reviews but ... in my case, the Vulfix loses its hair continuously !!! :mad3: I have bought it just before the summer, used it only for trips abroad as it came in a very nice little box which is very practical for caring in my washbag but just after its first use... I begun having bristles left on my face while lathering !! I thought this was initially due to using quite hot water for soaking the brush in before shaving, but whatever water I use, bristles keep falling off !

I am very pissed off and do not know what to do; any ideas? Have they sold me a fake ?

it's unlikely to be a fake. I would first contact the vendor who sold you the brush. They will have suggestions about addressing the issue.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I have a Vulfix silvertip. I don’t remember the model number but is the largest one. Very luxurious and quite expensive but I tend to use my Omega 10049 boar most regularly.

Top Bottom