What's new

Favorite shaving brush: Badger, Boar, Horse Hair or synthetic?

Badger, Boar, Horse Hair or Synthetic

• Badger

• Boar

• Horse Hair

• Synthetic

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't know what is messed up here but my prefered brush is a boar. Especially the Vulfix 2189, my absolute fav. I haven't tried recent synthetics which seem to have become very good and still use some badgers but my weapon of choice is a, short lofted, boar and I like them best when face-lathering.

Hey, you didn't include goat as a choice! Some of the brushes made for cosmetics also do a great job for shaving.

Finally settled on horse hair.

Just works for me in so many ways.

The only negative is horse take a bit of time to dry.

However that is a great excuse to buy more than one.:biggrin1:

Finally settled on horse hair.

Just works for me in so many ways.

The only negative is horse take a bit of time to dry.

However that is a great excuse to buy more than one.:biggrin1:

Wow... aren't you the guy who likes the HUGE Knots? Can't blame you for the Conversion, I love them too followed closely by my Horse/Badger mixed knot. My Horses dry ~24 hours, though my largest knot is the Beehive from BullGoose.

I fall into the badger group. I've had a few nice boars but for me, badger hits the spot. I face lather exclusively and find that my Duke 2 and Thater are all I really need. I do keep a small simpson for travel and my dads on 58 (or 59) which I reknoted, but the first two are definitely my dream team.

I find that the brushes that I use the most are my silvertip badgers. They just give me the most pleasurable lathering experience. I face lather and find that there is nothing quite like the feel of a fine silvertip massaging my face. My recent continuous use of boars over eleven days raised my appreciation of boars so that I will use them more often. I don't currently own a synthetic and my experience is limited so I will not comment on them. I have not tried hoarse hair and am unlikely to do so.

Regards,

Doug

Suroprised synthetics are scoring that highly if I'm being honest... I must try one of the new Muhle Silvertips i suppose. I went with badger, and i do like my badger, but my favourite brush is PROBABLY my Semogue 1305. So there are some exceptions to the rule for me.

Wow... aren't you the guy who likes the HUGE Knots? Can't blame you for the Conversion, I love them too followed closely by my Horse/Badger mixed knot. My Horses dry ~24 hours, though my largest knot is the Beehive from BullGoose.

I've got five horse Beehives from BullGoose and they are a RAD killer in the brush category for me.

Suroprised synthetics are scoring that highly if I'm being honest... I must try one of the new Muhle Silvertips i suppose. I went with badger, and i do like my badger, but my favourite brush is PROBABLY my Semogue 1305. So there are some exceptions to the rule for me.

I've settled on horse but the Muhle (synthetic) Silvertip is a outstanding brush.

I've tried almost all the different types and sizes (spare some horse/badger combos and the like)...and I always fall back to my big badgers.

I've even purchased more than one a certain very nice boar brushes, and I like them, but I always come back to the big badgers.

This is a tough call for me,I like my badgers and I like my Semogue boars,I like them both equally.In the third slot is the H.I.S. synth brush,I like it,it has it's place in my rotation but I just like my badgers and boars better.

Horse hair??? My parents have 2 horses, can I just go cut the tails off them and use it as a brush?

If you have the skill and patience that could work, don't forget to add some Mane Hair for the softness, the Tail is coarser and used for its Backbone.

Top Bottom