What's new

Muhle R89 too mild, R41 too aggressive

I have an R89 (which I like a lot, but it is too mild) so I bought an R41 and it cut me all up. What's in the middle.....any advice?

R41 with a sharper blade.
Muhle does not do anyone any favors by packaging a free Derby with that razor.

My best results were with a Gillette 7:00 Yellow, but I never rotated to the Feather before I switched to straights.
I got good results from the Astra SP as well.

R41 with a sharper blade.
Muhle does not do anyone any favors by packaging a free Derby with that razor.

My best results were with a Gillette 7:00 Yellow, but I never rotated to the Feather before I switched to straights.
I got good results from the Astra SP as well.

I use only Feather blades.

I have an R89 (which I like a lot, but it is too mild) so I bought an R41 and it cut me all up. What's in the middle.....any advice?

Merkur 33C (23C if you like longer handle). I currently use the 33C/23C head with an iKon Bulldog handle and it works very well.
Merkur Progress (adjustable)
Gillette SuperSpeed Red Tip (TTO) and Slim (adjustable TTO)

I have never tried Weber but I hear it is an efficient razor (although you might want to do a bit of research before you buy one...)

I also use DE89 with Feather and Gillette 7'Oclock SharpEdge blades and I agree it is a bit mild but it does a great job in only two passes (DFS).

Joris and Mergress my go to razors both have good blade curvature which equates to smooth shaves for me!!

Top Bottom