What's new

SE and Barbasol = WOW

So, I decided to try my SE (GEM Junior) again. I had used it three times previously and two times it wasn't so great (lots of irritation, no cuts, though). Well, I found out online how I should angle it and I decided to try again. I put scalding hot water in the sink and put a bowl full of Barbasol in there. Got out of the show and it was nice and warm. All I can say is I had the absolute greatest shave of my life. WOW. No irritation, no cuts, NOTHING. Closest to BBS I have ever gotten (this is like DFS+++++++++++++++++++). I am thinking this razor needs MUCH more usage. I also found the shave was quite quick, it just mowed down hair. Three passes and no touch-up? Almost perfection. If I would have touched up? Probably perfection :biggrin1: The jawline always is trouble, and not with this razor. My face doesn't hurt when I touch it, either. This warming up Barbasol was a great idea (I love the scent of Barbasol). Gotta try this with soaps next time, though :biggrin1: Anyways, I NEEDED to share, this was incredible. :001_tt1: GET A GEM JUNIOR! :thumbup:

However, until you have a couple of shaves from a Schick Injector razor under your belt, you haven't found "easy shaving" yet. Glad you enjoyed your Junior!

The Gem Junior is a great shaving SE indeed. Congrats on finding that sweet spot James mentioned.
When you decide to add another SE, I recommend the Ever Ready Streamline. There are a lot of great SE razors out there, but it's hard to beat the Streamline.

I will try to find an injector :) And, I will look for a streamline, too...I think these work better for me than DEs, although I get great shaves with my Slant and my Tech. I'll probably say differently a week from now :lol: Thanks guys! :D

I will try to find an injector :) And, I will look for a streamline, too...I think these work better for me than DEs, although I get great shaves with my Slant and my Tech. I'll probably say differently a week from now :lol: Thanks guys! :D
Try the absolute best SE-a Gem Damaskeene. Cheaper and better than an Ever Ready Streamline!

Injectors are great but they too high for my taste.

"Too high"?

They are going begging for buyers at $3 in the local flea markets! I know that some backwoods preachers have to take their support in such things as chickens, vegetables, and other produce, but $3 is practically nothing!

Streamlines ain't cheap, and the Injectors I have found so far definitely ain't cheap, but I will not give up. I will check out that GEM, too, thank you for the advice!

I was refering to the Blades for the Injectors you can get the handles for as little as 50 cents some time.

The Gems and Ever-ready SE's I have give me great shaves.

Top Bottom