1. I am new to wetshaving (around 1 month+). I have EJ 89 razor and I have tried it with Derby & Astra Platinum blades so far. I am looking for advice on which blade to try out next - currently I have a sample pack that has Shark Super Chrome, Shark Super Stainless, Dorco Platinum, Astra Superior Stainless. My experience below:
- Derby Extra (3 shaves): The shaves were fine but quite a bit of razor burn (there might have a been a role of poor technique with razor and lathering I believe).
- Astra Platinum (2 shaves): Again shave were fine not DFS; razor burn really went down to almost zero. Applying Alum told me not no nicks, cut and very minimum irritation. But I found that I needed several passes ~4.
this weekend, I want to try another blade and I am looking for some suggestions.
2. Also, I wanted some advice on shaving on the jawline and near adam's apple. I have a sharp jawline with a thin skin layer (not sure if this explains it correctly) and the bread grows in the direction from nose to ear (i.e sideways not down). The skin on and near adam's apple is also thin. So these areas get some irritation and razor burn.
3. I am also interested in knowing whether I should be picking another slightly aggressive razor or this makes no sense at this stage. Suggestions/Advice?
For shaving creams, I am using Proraso, Castle Forbes, Trumpers. And I follow the prep as per mantic's suggestions (cleanse, hot towel, pre shave Proraso etc.)