What's new

BLUE color FP Ink wanted.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
They actually had Nathan at Noodler's mix a small test batch to address the semi-bulletproof nature of the ink. The color changed because of whatever was added. In his blog, Brian Goulet put it to a vote for customers to decide. The original ink won by a landslide, so the ink is not changing.
Im on my iPhone so I can't give you the link right now.

http://www.inknouveau.com/2012/06/noodlers-libertys-elysium-results.html

Okay, thanks for the update. My info was a bit old (obviously.)

I'm going to regret ever coming into this sub-forum.
New ink, two new fountain pens... now I'm looking at papers and wax seals and more inks and more pens. My wife is gonna hate you all.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US! I mean....hey, its a fun hobby that rewards you with great looking handwriting. Get an ink in a color that your wife likes and write her a love letter or a note or even sign a Hallmark card with it and I doubt she will give you any guff about your new obsessi...err hobby!

A day late and a dollar short, but I like Namiki Blue. In my water tests it was all but waterproof, there was the merest wisp of a thread of blue that rose off of it. It may have been ink that wasnt absorbed.

Its an alternative if you want a change from Noodler's "Goulet Blue."

If you need true bulletproof blue ink, most of them have a color that many find washed out and boring. The few that aren't initially boring, become so when exposed to water (that is the part of the mixture that makes it bulletproof (the part left over after water and UV exposure) is brown or gray/black, not blue.

I prefer a water resistant ink that is appealing to my eye initially and I let the archivists in a future generation worry about it's longevity.

Top Bottom