What's new

Whats your favorite mikes, mystic water, mamabears, MWF, or honeybees soaps poll

Whats your favorite between mikes, mystic water, mama bears, honeybees, or MWF

• mikes natural soaps

• mystic waters

• mama bears soaps

• mitchells wool fat

• honeybees soaps

Results are only viewable after voting.
I was too late to participate in the poll....MWF is great, but its the only one I've tried. I've heard a lot about Momma Bear soaps, but I prefer tallow soaps (based on other melt-n'-pour soaps I've tried) and while I can lather MWF well, it takes a bit of guesswork, as I have hard water, so I've been after an "improved" MWF for a while. From what I've been reading, Mike's may be the ticket. HUGE plus that he offers bars, sticks, and tins, and has different scents (though the simple clean soapy MWF scent is awesome). Mike's is also cheaper than my normal "go-to" soap, QCS, and looks like it has more lanolin content, based on ingredient labels. Then I read on the MW site that MW soaps don't contain coconut oil, which, Michelle claims dries the skin out.......so now I have to try MW and Mikes. SAD is in full swing.

I was too late to participate in the poll....MWF is great, but its the only one I've tried. I've heard a lot about Momma Bear soaps, but I prefer tallow soaps (based on other melt-n'-pour soaps I've tried) and while I can lather MWF well, it takes a bit of guesswork, as I have hard water, so I've been after an "improved" MWF for a while. From what I've been reading, Mike's may be the ticket. HUGE plus that he offers bars, sticks, and tins, and has different scents (though the simple clean soapy MWF scent is awesome). Mike's is also cheaper than my normal "go-to" soap, QCS, and looks like it has more lanolin content, based on ingredient labels. Then I read on the MW site that MW soaps don't contain coconut oil, which, Michelle claims dries the skin out.......so now I have to try MW and Mikes. SAD is in full swing.

* You will not be disappointed with Mike's and Michelle's soaps. They are fantastic soaps. Make sure you start with a drier brush with both and add water little by little.

Honeybee soaps are way under rated IMO, I really like them, lots of scents to choose from and low priced. They also fit well into Old Spice mugs.

I got a puck of the fat the other day and after ten or fifteen tries I cannot get it to lather. I was really hoping it would work. Looks like Mike's is it for me. Anyone wanna trade? :biggrin1:

Sgt. D-

Thank you for your service. Don't give up on the fat. I went down the same road, and was ready to give up, but only kept fiddling with it because I was overseas and ordering more soap would have taken weeks. There are several methods on B&B about how to lather the fat, but three big things that helped me get great lather with very hard water were:

1. Use very hot water on the soap for prep- transfer this water to your mug. Its full of soap. Some folks say that the lanolin melts if the water is too hot, but I have seen no evidence of that. Its still in there, still in your brush.

2. Use a badger brush- In my experience, the fat responds better to badgers, that's not to disparage other brush types.

3. Load the crap out of that sucker. I make swirls for a count of 100 before i go to the face or mug.

It works. The classic soapy clean smell of the fat is worth it.

Good luck.

Top Bottom