What's new

Whats your favorite mikes, mystic water, mamabears, MWF, or honeybees soaps poll

Whats your favorite between mikes, mystic water, mama bears, honeybees, or MWF

• mikes natural soaps

• mystic waters

• mama bears soaps

• mitchells wool fat

• honeybees soaps

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think I am the only one on this board that has never tried MWF.

Nope, I haven't tried it yet either. In fact, of those listed, I've only tried Mama Bears. I tried it yesterday and absolutely loved it. I have a couple of Mike's soaps and will be trying one of them this evening.

Mike's was my first soap, and I have not gone far astray from that. I have a bunch of QCS cream samples, and a QCS soap, but the creams are not as good as the soap for me. I guess I like the lanolin. Haven't given the QCS a fair shot yet. Tried it once, lathered poorly in that attempt, never went back. Mike's is just so good.

Haven't tried any of the thers yet either, but will be trying the MWF, MW, and giving the QCS a fair trial, and probably the mama bears as well.

The QCS ASB is fantastic though.

I've tried MW, Mikes and Honeybee. In all honesty, I would put MW and Mikes 1A and 1B. I haven't tried MWF and due to my preference in tallow soaps, I don't see myself ordering MB soaps. My soap rotations for the near future are going to consist of MW and Mike's.

I think I am the only one on this board that has never tried MWF.
Nah. I haven't tried any on this poll. Don't assume that popular topics are universally preferred. Every item here has its fans an detractors. That's the nature of YMMV/subjectivity.

Last edited:
Well, I just received 3 samples from Michelle at Mystic Water (which I paid for), 1 shampoo bar and 2 shave soaps…Rosalimone and Lavender Lime. Loved the bar and I have to say that the shave soaps are at least as good as anything I’ve tried in my 3 short years of wet shaving. With all due respect to some of you that have said you had some problems with the lather…I must say I did not. Load the brush with enough product, start with a LITTLE water and build. I did both face and bowl lather and both worked equally well. I especially loved the Rosalimone scent…so much lather I was sad to watch it go down the drain when cleaning my brush after 3-4 passes.
Well done Michelle, you’ve got a new customer!

I have tried multiple scents of Mama Bear soap, multiple scents of Mystic Waters soap, and one scent of Mike's Natural. I have never tried any of the others.

Of the three, I like Mystic Waters best, then Mama Bears, then Mike's. YMMV.

I have a few samples from Mike and they've all been awesome. I just ordered a puck of MWF due to all of the comments on this thread. We'll see how it turns out.

I created this post to help people decide on what soaps to try of the popular ones on the forumn, if it helps people make a choice on a purchase then it was all worth it.

I created this post to help people decide on what soaps to try of the popular ones on the forumn, if it helps people make a choice on a purchase then it was all worth it.

you've already made me purchase a MW and Mikes will be on order as soon as coconut is out :thumbup:

I've tried MWF and it's a staple in my den.

I have a few pucks of Mama Bears and its decent, but doesn't get much time in my current rotation. I love her scents but I just prefer tallow soaps.

I've recently tried Mystic Water Soap, and I must admit its a solid performer. The fact that MW is a tallow soap and comes in multiple scents is a huge bonus. Michelle (the owner of MW) has been fantastic to deal with. I'm liking her shampoo bar and facial soap as well.
http://www.mystic4men.com/index.html

I haven't tried Mike's yet, but I have some on order. Sounds like his are also tallow soaps.
http://mikesnaturalsoaps.com/Mikes_Natural_Soaps/Shaving_Soaps.html

Even though the Poll is closed, I'm going with Mystic Water Soaps. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Ive decided to try out mikes and mwf since i started this thread the only soaps ive used in large amounts and not samples have been arko, proraso and the conk stuff and i dislike them except arko and im trying to like creams but i just dont like the lather they give as much as soap.

Top Bottom