What's new

the haul of all hauls! de's, se's, straights, soaps, screams, u name it and i got it

if there are more pics u guys want let me know and ill try and take some better pics
before i leave for my next deployment my wife and i took a one week vacation. we decided to drive the PCH (pacific coast highway) we started at halfmoon bay just below sanfran and ended in santa barbara. we also hit gilroy on the way to halfmoon bay. i stopped in all of the antique shops i could. stopped in gilroy, santa cruz, monterey, cambria, cayucos, san luis obispo, arroyo grande, los alamos, solvang, then santa barbara. for anyonewho hasnt dont it i suggest u do. its an awesome drive with so much to see. the nicest drive was around big sur. it was so fun to come home and open up everything i had bought. it was like christmas cuz i had forgotten about some of the things.

so here's the list:
gilroy: black tip in case W3, 2 blue tips in case one with nos blades and instr B1 and C2, old type with "use ivory soap" advertisement under the head, the 4 barbasol shave cream boxes, one box of k34 gillette shave cream, old penny blade box that looks like a cig box, and the black/green every ready shave brush

santa cruz: i think i got the straight razor travel box, the tin blade safe, the 342 montblanc, the old type, and the avon chevy truck full of deep woods i found at a flea market

monterey: atra D4 and the fuller brush with he clear handle

carmel: went to the carmel drug store and bought TOBS creams and AS, col conk, EJ best badger, and gem blades. went to bittner pen shop where they showed me how my montblanc works and then i drooled over all ther nice pens, but only bought the private reserve ink in ebony blue. also went to carmel pipe shop and bought a new duca carlo pipe and the point lobos tobacco. first time buying a pipe and tobacco so im looking forward to smokin it.

cambria: 7 day set and the NOS every ready 1912 in the box

harmony: stopped and bought the pottery lather mug which was excited to find at the pottery place there.

cayucos: red tip A4 and the avon razor decanter full not sure what scent it is tho

san luis obispo: fat boy E3

arroyo grande: JR Torrey combination strop, NOS os mug, older os mug with the older cursive writing, an old crappy straight i bought to put in the straight travel box i bought in santa cruz, and the william marvy company porclain barber pole

los alamos: the avon shave brush decanter (empty) and the allegro shave strop

solvang: didnt get anything there but i suggest u guys visit there. its such an awesome little town. a nice place to visit with ur wives or significant others.

santa barbara: NOS schick hydro-magic 500

the 3 techs next to the schick hydro came in the mail while i was gone so i was excited to open them when i got home as well

Attachments

• $IMG_2416.jpg
    $IMG_2416.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 420
  • $IMG_2417.jpg
    $IMG_2417.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 412
  • $IMG_2418.jpg
    $IMG_2418.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 413
  • $IMG_2419.jpg
    $IMG_2419.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 412
  • $IMG_2420.jpg
    $IMG_2420.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:
more

Attachments

• $IMG_2421.jpg
    $IMG_2421.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 409
  • $IMG_2423.jpg
    $IMG_2423.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 408
  • $IMG_2425.jpg
    $IMG_2425.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 410
  • $IMG_2426.jpg
    $IMG_2426.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 409
  • $IMG_2427.jpg
    $IMG_2427.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 406
even more pics

Attachments

• $IMG_2428.jpg
    $IMG_2428.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 401
  • $IMG_2430.jpg
    $IMG_2430.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 401
  • $IMG_2431.jpg
    $IMG_2431.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 399
  • $IMG_2432.jpg
    $IMG_2432.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 400
  • $IMG_2433.jpg
    $IMG_2433.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 398
last bunch of pics

Attachments

• $IMG_2434.jpg
    $IMG_2434.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 394
  • $IMG_2412.jpg
    $IMG_2412.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 394
  • $IMG_2413.jpg
    $IMG_2413.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 395
Goodness! That is quite the haul.
I love it when people get the stuff out of the shops and into their collections.
Well done.
:thumbup1:

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. Holy frak.

We want to see more of the MB in The Nib, please.

My god, what a haul man! I just did a similar drive a few months ago, lots of fun! Wish I would've stopped at the places you did!!

That is an amazing collection of great items to have gathered in one trip! I hope that you enjoy it all. Thank you for your service and wish you all the best in your deployment. Be Safe and God speed!

Regards,

Doug

I stopped into that Carmel Drug Store too during a family trip last month; a really nice selection of stuff, although a bit expensive... my wife thought it was hilarious that I was perusing around in there looking at/smelling shaving goods while she and her sister were in the shops looking at clothes.
That sure is a great drive, hopefully you guys got to taste some wine along the way! Lots of great juice through that whole central valley

I stopped into that Carmel Drug Store too during a family trip last month; a really nice selection of stuff, although a bit expensive... my wife thought it was hilarious that I was perusing around in there looking at/smelling shaving goods while she and her sister were in the shops looking at clothes.
That sure is a great drive, hopefully you guys got to taste some wine along the way! Lots of great juice through that whole central valley

my wife was smelling all of the scents with me lol. we didnt stop fo wine at all......... i hate the stuff. my wife likes it and i told hr we could go to some if she wanted but she said she didnt want to. she also liked carmel cuz she got to go to tiffany's and i got her a necklace

Top Bottom