Thread: Name your favorite non-protein powder supplement!

Images

Default Name your favorite non-protein powder supplement!

As the title says, name your favorite non-protein powder supplement!
    -- Eric --
    "I'm afraid the lemur got into the pudding cups."

Images

Quote Originally Posted by elsmooth View Post
    As the title says, name your favorite non-protein powder supplement!
    I don't really use anything else but whey. So, I gotta say that I like the fish-oil supplements. Looking to try creatine again after not using for 9 years when I begin a 'bulk'.

beta alanine

ephedrine

Images

Quote Originally Posted by BingeAndPurge View Post
    beta alanine

ephedrine
    I hope that was a joke, hehe.

Fish Oil.
    Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.

PRObiotic 225 by ortho molecular. All health begin in the gut.
    Working on the Joris with a Feather|Thater 2-band|Mike's Natural|Hydrolast ASB|BOTOC!

Beer.
    Oh, this Twinkie thing, it ain't over yet. -Tallahassee

8. Default

Glucosamine

Quote Originally Posted by Rodeoflyer View Post
    Glucosamine
    +1 Very essential. I would add Arginine and Creatine.
    Rob- Shower Shaver. Just shave already!

Quote Originally Posted by commanderkeen View Post
    I hope that was a joke, hehe.
    How would one think that was a joke? EC is the cheapest, legit, and legal fat burner known to man.

I'm currently a huge fan of beta alanine. Also very inexpensive in bulk form, scientifically proven, and it can be a huge benefit during certain training days.

Creatine has been such a staple for me for so long, that I did not include it in this thread. Ephedrine has been a long term staple as well, but I cycle it, most people don't realize that it is still legal without a prescription, and people still pay WAY too much money for fat burners that contain a kitchen sink of underdosed, anecdotal (at best) ingredients. EC works, and as a person who likes stimulants a little too much as it is, I felt I should include it.

beta alanine

ephedrine
    Please keep a close eye on your blood pressure, even if you are doing a full ECA stack. I heard of doing only EC, but when I was working out seriously 10 years ago, it was always ECA to help counteract some of the cardio sides of the ephedrine.

For me, I used creatine for a few months, but the water retention was problematic and the "pump" frequently painful... got a few stretch marks on my biceps.
    Other than that, the only thing that I used other than some ECA experimentation was a shot of Glutamine with my protein shakes.
    - Rich
    Proud Member: Knights of the Veg Table
    Proud Member: Cult of Arko
    Participant 2012 and 2013 Brown Leaf Mark Tinskey LE Pipe
    Participant 2012 Rudy Vey Shavemac D01 Keyhole

Quote Originally Posted by cb91710 View Post
    Please keep a close eye on your blood pressure, even if you are doing a full ECA stack. I heard of doing only EC, but when I was working out seriously 10 years ago, it was always ECA to help counteract some of the cardio sides of the ephedrine.

For me, I used creatine for a few months, but the water retention was problematic and the "pump" frequently painful... got a few stretch marks on my biceps.
    Other than that, the only thing that I used other than some ECA experimentation was a shot of Glutamine with my protein shakes.
    The aspirin in ECA has little to do with cardiovascular sides effects. Studies show that aspirin increases the lipo/fat bruning effects of ephedrine, and a lot of people these days simply ditch the aspirin all together.

Also, the extreme water retention side effects of creatine has been debunked over and over again. I honestly doubt stretchmarks on your biceps has much to do with taking creatine. I started getting them on the back of my armpits in high school from swimming before I took anything or was even lifting regularly. It's hard to think of a single supplement with more positive research behind it than creatine mono.

Oh I'm not opposed to creatine at all. Read a lot of horror stories that were obviously the results of someone attempting to hide the use of other "products"

But for me, at the level I was working, I don't feel that it was needed or really beneficial. The intense pumps that I got were absolutely due to it, as an identical workout with no supplement for 48 hours but the same hydration would not produce the same feeling. That's what I was referring to with the water retention... not the "bloating" that some speak of... just a very intense pump.
    - Rich
    Proud Member: Knights of the Veg Table
    Proud Member: Cult of Arko
    Participant 2012 and 2013 Brown Leaf Mark Tinskey LE Pipe
    Participant 2012 Rudy Vey Shavemac D01 Keyhole

Images

BCAAs. CELL KEM by Evogen in particular.

16. Default

How would one think that was a joke? EC is the cheapest, legit, and legal fat burner known to man.

I'm currently a huge fan of beta alanine. Also very inexpensive in bulk form, scientifically proven, and it can be a huge benefit during certain training days.

Creatine has been such a staple for me for so long, that I did not include it in this thread. Ephedrine has been a long term staple as well, but I cycle it, most people don't realize that it is still legal without a prescription, and people still pay WAY too much money for fat burners that contain a kitchen sink of underdosed, anecdotal (at best) ingredients. EC works, and as a person who likes stimulants a little too much as it is, I felt I should include it.
    The above is QFT.

Personally I just do cheap fish oil, cheap multivitamin, and whey.
    So I said to him, I says, "Get your OWN monkey!"

Images

The aspirin in ECA has little to do with cardiovascular sides effects. Studies show that aspirin increases the lipo/fat bruning effects of ephedrine, and a lot of people these days simply ditch the aspirin all together.

Also, the extreme water retention side effects of creatine has been debunked over and over again. I honestly doubt stretchmarks on your biceps has much to do with taking creatine. I started getting them on the back of my armpits in high school from swimming before I took anything or was even lifting regularly. It's hard to think of a single supplement with more positive research behind it than creatine mono.
    I love my stretch marks, just means I'm getting bigger

The water retention that everyone was/is so worried about is true. That is the job of creatine, to shuttle water to the muscle not subcutaneous. Personally I switched from mono to creatine hcl a few months back and hands down it is much better.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by cb91710 View Post

Creatine give no "pump." Maybe creatine was in a preworkout that gave those pumps but creatine alone doesn't do that.

Images

IMO DNP is a much stronger fat burner. Ran it for a month and good lord, that was hard but it shredded my back fat with a few more things to help the stack. DNP is legit.

Con-Cret