What's new

Ringelblume (Marigold) Rasierseife

At Alex' request I provide the following for those interested in trying this shaving soap. I've used the ringelblume shaving soap now for two days and find it to be interesting, if not enjoyable. Marketed by Hans Jurgen Muller KG it can be found on the web at the MÜHLE Shop
. It is advertised as "...ideal for those with sensitive skin and uses marigold extract to produce a pleasant, mild fragrance."
As with all products it has both pros and cons.
Some pros:
Pleasant Fragrance
Close, irritation-free shave (Highly Efficacious)
Slick-lather
Appears to be non-drying for skin (this is after only two days though)
Some cons:
Doesn't produce gobs of lather (not a luxo latherer)

I have have used it with both my Ed. Jagger Lined Chattsworth Silvertip and also the QED Il Bambino 3118 Silvertip (the cute little brush that doesn't know how to be small). So what does that all mean? At about $6.25 for a 2.1 oz puck it comes in at about half the price per ounce (under $3.00) of Geo. F. Trumpers (approx $16.50 for 2.5oz soap refill or $6.60 per oz). If you are a soap kinda' guy and are not happy without luxo-globs of meringue-like lather when you put brush to puck, fuggedaboutit. If you can live without the luxo globs and wish to try something gentle to the face that produces a good, lubricating shaving lather, give it a shot. I like luxo globs, but in all fairness I have enjoyed using it, especially with its companion ringleblume aftershave lotion (a balm by any other name).
Hope that helps.

madmedic said:
Could this possibly be "rebadged" Haslinger?

Brian
Top o' the Day Brian,
I would be willing to bet (if I were a betting man) that it might be. It is made in Vienna... Hmmm. Home of Haslinger Soaps. Has similar shape, presentation, and weight.. Hmmmm.. Haslinger advertises as für empfindliche haut, Mühle states for sensitive skin. Hmmm... Sure could be..:w00t:

Thanks for taking the time to post this review Ron. How would you recommend the soap in regard to someone who has never used a shaving soap before? Further the discussion a few weeks ago that I had about Martin du Candre soap, I held off getting that in favour of Floris JF and L'occitane CADE and I have a shipment of Mama Bears soaps on their way. Would it be worth ordering this soap, or would I be better off sticking with the more popular Floris and L'occitane products while I am learning the roaps?
Warm regards,
Alex

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I never purchase anything I can't pronounce.

Thank God for the internet.

AJS said:
Thanks for taking the time to post this review Ron. How would you recommend the soap in regard to someone who has never used a shaving soap before? Further the discussion a few weeks ago that I had about Martin du Candre soap, I held off getting that in favour of Floris JF and L'occitane CADE and I have a shipment of Mama Bears soaps on their way. Would it be worth ordering this soap, or would I be better off sticking with the more popular Floris and L'occitane products while I am learning the roaps?
Warm regards,
Alex
Hi Alex,
I would hold off till your second round of soap buying. That way you will be more knowledgeable and also have in mind what it is you like or dislike in a soap. The M-P Ringelblume Soap is very gentle to the skin, at least from my 2-day experience. The Floris JF and Elite are both good solid performers. L'Occitane CADE is one of my favorites, very close to perfect. If you do not have to hastle with customs and excessive postal charges, I would probably buy it now.. (How do you like that for a 360?:blushing: ) It's just part of the old excessive compulsive shaving soap acquistion disorder!

Hello at all,

indeed, the Mühle soap is produced in Austria by Haslinger...

@Guenron:
Have you tried the after shave balm too, it's absolute great stuff...

Regards

Thomas

TomH said:
Hello at all,

indeed, the Mühle soap is produced in Austria by Haslinger...

@Guenron:
Have you tried the after shave balm too, it's absolute great stuff...

Regards

Thomas
Yes Tom, I have used the ringelblume aftershave lotion and like it very much.

Also the Sandalwood after shave balm from Haslinger is great, the skin feels so smooth and the scent is really pleasant...

Quick note, roaps was a terrible attempt at a pun, mixing soap with learning the ropes. Seeing as no one reacted (understandable as it wasn't funny) I thought I should confirm that I can spell both SOAP and ROPE.
Warm regards,
Alex

Alex,
This AM I used the M-P Aloe shaving soap that came with the nicely made (art deco?) stainless steel shaving dish from M-P. I'll post a review tomorrow (to be fair) after a second shave.

AJS said:
Quick note, roaps was a terrible attempt at a pun, mixing soap with learning the ropes. Seeing as no one reacted (understandable as it wasn't funny) I thought I should confirm that I can spell both SOAP and ROPE.
Warm regards,
Alex
Yore asuming we can all spel good.:biggrin:

guenron said:
Alex,
This AM I used the M-P Aloe shaving soap that came with the nicely made (art deco?) stainless steel shaving dish from M-P. I'll post a review tomorrow (to be fair) after a second shave.

Thanks Ron. Although I was interested in the Marigold, as it doesn't seem to be a common scent, lately I seemed to have developed a real thing for aloe based products so I await your review with baited breath.
Warm regards,
Alex

I am curious about this one now.....and have just ordered some.....all be it from a different site and under another name.

http://www.theenglishshavingcompany.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/RS3||@cHard%20shaving%20soap%20refills@bDiffusion|0|user||3|

I enjoy the Haslinger Sandalwood so expect to be pleased.

Brian

madmedic said:
I am curious about this one now.....and have just ordered some.....all be it from a different site and under another name.

http://www.theenglishshavingcompany.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/RS3||@cHard%20shaving%20soap%20refills@bDiffusion|0|user||3|

I enjoy the Haslinger Sandalwood so expect to be pleased.

Brian
I think I'll fly that one tomorrow.. Smells great.:tongue_sm

Top Bottom