What's new

I Coloniali

Just got in my baggie of i carumba....I mean i Colonial shave soap.

First impression:

This soap smells almost exactly like TABAC doesn't.

TABAC has a certain sweet backbeat, colonial has the odor of overly ripe fruit that you forgot in your lunchbox on the bus on a hot day during a third grade field trip.

TABAC has a hint of pipe tobacco, wood paneled rooms at The Club. Colonial smells smokey like ladies night at the Bingo hall.

We'll see how it lathers in the morning...

I Coloniali is the most moisturizing soap or cream I've used. Be careful with how much water you use, as the lather can get thin quickly.

It is nice and slick.

It did not build a voluminous lather. But if you like thick yogurt lather over a light meringue foam, this stuff does the job.

the unidentifiable scent !

I used to get dirty vetiver? I still have no idea. the menthol kick is pretty cool.

I like it.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Whether I am using the soap or the cream, I Coloniali will be a product I will never be without. In fact, I will be as bold to say that this is the one product I would take onto a desert island.

Yes, I fear I will become accustomed to and perhaps grow to love the aroma of overly ripe bananas and mangoes stuffed in a used chain smoker's gym sock....

I told Isaac the first time I tried it that it was sickly sweet as well. As I tried the sample he sent me over the course of the next week I began to like the scent and it calmed down. I find a 1" strip is enough for a 3" pass shave and the first time I used it I doubled that and that may have been my reason for the overly strong sweet scent.I liked the sample so well I bought a couple tubes from Connaught when I finished the sample and its still very aromatic but pleasantly so now.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I dont find any cooling menthol, although the soap version does have menthol in the ingredients.

This is one of my favorites that I will always have on hand. The BBQed, musky, mango scent is excellent. I think it's perfect for fall and spring weather.

overly ripe bananas and mangoes stuffed in a used chain smoker's gym sock

You must have an inactive nose. With a handle like Seraphim I would have thought you would be familiar with incense. The I Coloniali (with the i) cream, ASB, and I assume the soap....smell like a church after high mass with a priest celebrant that likes thoroughgoing around loads of incense from the thurible. This describes the supposed "rhubarb" scented stuff. No on the bananas and mangoes in tobacco scented sweat socks unless you have a different product. Either that or you were being facetious. The scent of the "rhubarb" is heavenly.

You must have an inactive nose. With a handle like Seraphim I would have thought you would be familiar with incense. The I Coloniali (with the i) cream, ASB, and I assume the soap....smell like a church after high mass with a priest celebrant that likes thoroughgoing around loads of incense from the thurible. This describes the supposed "rhubarb" scented stuff. No on the bananas and mangoes in tobacco scented sweat socks unless you have a different product. Either that or you were being facetious. The scent of the "rhubarb" is heavenly.

I'm Orthodox, we burn more Byzantium styled scents in our church services.

Perhaps the burning of incense that smells like I Colonial was the tipping point for the Protestant reformation?

P.S.- I'll be using it again tomorrow...

Top Bottom