What's new

A Refreshing Aftershave Balm from Provence

Just because I enjoyed the L'Occitane Shaving Soap with its classy metal bowl, I thought I would give some of their other men's shaving toiletries a try. They have two aftershave balms (balm après rasage for your Francophones). The first I have tried was their brands namesake, L'Occitane. With a touch of lavender, it is really a pleasant experience to rub into the cheeks and neck after a good shave. It absorbs rapidly leaving that most desireable matte finish, no greasy kid stuff this balm. I didn't have any razor burn or irritation when I used it, so I can not attest to its anti feu abilities. Later this week, or next, I'm going to fire-up the Merkur \| (slantbar) with a new brand of DE blade. With a little overexhuberance I should be able to build a good testbed for its soothing abilities! :o11:

By the way aftershave fans, its price does not require that you sell your firstborn into servitude. You can find it at the L'Occitane Web Site along with many of their other skincare products and toiletries. L'Occitane has this thing about natural components in their product lines and clinging to old-world methods of preparation, etc. You can enjoy a visit to their web site where there are some interesting articles about the founder of the company's quest for goodness in their products. (My terms, not theirs)
:smile:

Ron,
FWIW I smelled the Lavender this weekend, funny you should mention it; Unfortunately I had already come to finally BUY the C&E sandalwood edt, after using (and liking) the shaving cream for quite awhile. The lavender did indeed smell nice; I tried the sampler and as you say, it is really good. To be honest everything I've tried from L'Occitane has been top shelf, with the exception of their shave creams, which for some reason didn't participate well with my brush....no such problems with the soap, though. ITs good stuff.
John P.

JohnP said:
Ron,
FWIW I smelled the Lavender this weekend, funny you should mention it; Unfortunately I had already come to finally BUY the C&E sandalwood edt, after using (and liking) the shaving cream for quite awhile. The lavender did indeed smell nice; I tried the sampler and as you say, it is really good. To be honest everything I've tried from L'Occitane has been top shelf, with the exception of their shave creams, which for some reason didn't participate well with my brush....no such problems with the soap, though. ITs good stuff.
John P.
John,
The C&E is also one of my Sunday favorites. Confronted with the choice of these two, I would be hard pressed to decide which I would buy and which I would forego. A delicious dilema, perhaps, only solvable with the purchase of both! :idea:

waitin til payday......
maybe I will, but if you guys hear about a guy in San Diego gettin' choked or beat to death, LOL you'll know what happened....
John P

JohnP said:
waitin til payday......
maybe I will, but if you guys hear about a guy in San Diego gettin' choked or beat to death, LOL you'll know what happened....
John P
But the deceased will smell so darned good, the funeral and wake will have widespread attendance!!! :cool:

Top Bottom