What's new

Alright, who just grabbed that Pat Applied For Double ring?

Actually thats not a bad price at all, i remember about a year and a half ago, one went for about $510.00 -532.00 and if recall correctly it had no case :eek:/ Those Pat Appl'd for usally go high.

I got one a few months ago under $200.00 :eek:) no case, but i didnt need it as i had the case for it. Ohhh and the best part of that double ring was it was the lowest Serial Number to date i have seeing :eek:) and no serial number on a Pat Appl'd for is questionable because the inner barerrel where the serial number is can be changed from a single ring and now its a Pat Appl'd for with no Serial No. :eek:)

Last edited:
Actually thats not a bad price at all, i remember about a year and a half ago, one went for about $510.00 -532.00 and if recall correctly it had no case :eek:/ Those Pat Appl'd for usally go high.

I got one a few months ago under $200.00 :eek:) no case, but i didnt need it as i had the case for it. Ohhh and the best part of that double ring was it was the lowest Serial Number to date i have seeing :eek:) and no serial number on a Pat Appl'd for is questionable because the inner barerrel where the serial number is can be changed from a single ring and now its a Pat Appl'd for with no Serial No. :eek:)

Aah yeah, I hadn't really been following the Pat Appl'd for sales, so this sounds like a deal! I'm also leery of these being swap-outs for single ring inner barrels w/o serial. This one does look like a pretty good match, from a finish perspective (presuming it wasn't re-plated! ;) ) .

I came close to bidding on it, but just didn't have the heart to bring the price up any more.
I do hope it went to one of our crew!

Edit:
An additional note: My "Pat Apl'd For no s/n" double ring's inner barrel was too long to fit in the later model Single Ring handles. The barrel would tighten with a millimeter or two of play left between the head and the handle. I've heard of similar results from another person on here who says his experience is the same with his no S/N.

Also, the Pat Apl'd For with s/n's often go for more than the no S/N's.

Last edited:
Pics for the future:
$Pat apld for greenie 1.jpg$Pat apld for greenie 2.jpg
$Pat apld for greenie 3.jpg$Pat apld for greenie 4.jpg

An additional note: My "Pat Apl'd For no s/n" double ring's inner barrel was too long to fit in the later model Single Ring handles. The barrel would tighten with a millimeter or two of play left between the head and the handle. I've heard of similar results from another person on here who says his experience is the same with his no S/N.

Good info..thanks for that, and thanks for pulling in the pics.

Top Bottom