What's new

uh-oh great cartridge shave!

yikes. i was just in walmart. the trac ii was $16 for 10! i think they are doing that to steer people towards the fusion. just a guess. the cvs carts i used are cheap. i doubt i could use them daily though. on the flip side cvs sells 5 de for $6 and walmart sells 10 wilkys for $1.54. the thing is though the cvs brand are actually persona. you guys don't have to worry about me i will use a straight tomorrow. it was a good shave but not a daily driver for me after all.

yikes. i was just in walmart. the trac ii was $16 for 10! i think they are doing that to steer people towards the fusion. just a guess. the cvs carts i used are cheap. i doubt i could use them daily though. on the flip side cvs sells 5 de for $6 and walmart sells 10 wilkys for $1.54. the thing is though the cvs brand are actually persona. you guys don't have to worry about me i will use a straight tomorrow. it was a good shave but not a daily driver for me after all.

Hey anything comparable to stuff in the uk? Never seen these cheap carts anywhere here.

I still have my Fusion. I ditched it due to getting quite bad skin problems after shaving with it and the gel I was using and then had a swearing fit in my local supermarket when I went to buy some replacement blades. It had got so bad I was shaving once a month and growing a beard, which I don't like but then I didn't enjoy the rather painful large blistery type spots I had either. It had been so long since I bought a pack of the cartridge blades I just wasn't ready for it.

Someone on a hifi forum mentioned DE shaving which is how I ended up trying it. The fusion is still there and it would be interesting after shaving DE for over a month now to return to it but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Not only am I getting better more comfortable shaves now but I like the amount of variation I can get with razor/blade/soap/cream combos to suit how I feel and the type of shave I want. I also enjoy taking the razor apart and cleaning it after every shave and the fact it's chrome is nice and shiny afterwards.

For me DE is the equvalent of vinyl, cartridge the equivalent of CD. It may be more convenient but you know the old school way is more rewarding deep down.

There is nothing wrong with shaving with whatever you like.

My main gripe with carts is the fact that most are multibladed. If you avoid the popular Gillette and Wilkinsons, cart shaving does not even need to be expensive.

The last multiblade cart I used was a 3 bladed Croma, it was cheap and was smoother than the fusion (for me). However, it still pulled rather than cut hairs from my chin.

However, I can happily start the day with a Gillette Guard.

I've found that I can actually get very nice, close, comfortable shaves using carts, provided I don't use one with more than 2 blades. The minute I use anything with 3 or more blades, my shave quality take a nose dive. I do like using my Atra/Trac II though...

ok, it is a fact. i am getting a better shave with this cvs cart then any other cart,straight or de! i am really mad at myself. i can't sell my stuff because i cannot feel good about taking that type of loss. i can't even tell my family. i am hiding it in my bathroom pretending that i am using the straight and de still! i am really upset. after many years of straight shaving i think i am going to go to tf&h for a lesson. maybe i can do it better after all. or perhaps a 57' corvette cannot compete with a 2012 zr1. even though i say the '57 has way more class. i just don't feel happy now. it's like i was shown a better approach to something i cherished.

Schick Quattro electro-plastic carts give me an incredibly close shave; pack it when I travel but still obey rules around great lather, no pressure, beard reduction...

My opinion is that most of my bad experienses with cart blades is because of bad canned gel. But also i feel that those multiple blades irritate my skin more. 1 pass with fusion was like 4 de passes.

But if you can get good, comfy shave with cart, why not? Especially if the price is right.

Of course I'm gonna said sure of what others have. Use what you like. As long as you're still enjoying your shave, probably the biggest point to b&b actually enjoying shaving. No one can tell you whats best for your own face. Shaving is each our own journeys to find our own "go-to" set-up. So enjoy the drive and enjoy the shaves, otherwise whats the point of any of this.

Top Bottom