Thread: Mystic Water update!

Default Mystic Water update!

I've been fooling around with my website and have changed the look of the Samples page to make sample buying easier. http://www.mystic4men.com/samples.html

Adirondack Jack and Irish Traveller shave soaps are back! Someone suggested that the Adirondack Jack could be just a little bit stronger, so that's how I did it this time.

I'm going to add more herbal and essential oils blends to the menu: one new soap I have curing now is called Maestrale. Itís a lavender/rosemary/mint blend that I use in my Sea Salt soap which has been my bestselling bath/face soap for six years. I'm sure that that is partly because of the fresh, clean scent. It will replace the Sandalwood Rose - if you'd like to stock up on that before it's gone, I'm cutting $2.50 off the price. Tonight I made a Eucalyptus & Spearmint blend, which has already been popular as a bath soap this summer.

I have shave sticks in almost all of the varieties, for those who like the convenience of a stick. Every time I make a batch of soap Iím pouring a few sticks so when theyíre gone, theyíre gone until I soap that scent again.

I've had the pleasure of meeting several B&B members at my local farmers markets recently and it's been really nice to put faces to names and chat a bit. Please drop by if you're in the D.C. area on one of my market/festival days. Here's a link to my market/festival schedule for the rest of the year:
    http://www.mysticwatersoap.com

Michelle

That all sounds awesome, Michelle!
    - Pat -

Hi Michelle, I bought the Lilac shave soap from you, as my first purchase, and really love it. It puts a smile on my face whenever I enter the shaving den. You are definitely on the top of the list for soaps. Keep up the good work. Regards Ed.

Thanks for the updates, Michelle. I think I tried a hand soap in that lavender/rosemary/mint scent a few years ago; smelled great and worked great. I'm sure that soap will be a popular choice.
    Randall, member of BOTOC

Can't wait for your main site to come back online! I have a feeling my wife will be interested in some of the other soaps that you have to offer for women (although some of the men's soaps look like they could be enjoyed by anyone). Just ordered a few samples of shaving soap to try out, myself.

6. Default

Any plans to do cream versions of your shave soaps? I love some of your scents but I much prefer a cream over a hard soap.

7. Default

Thanks for the update Michelle, I'll definately be buying some lavender/rosemary/mint.
    -Phil

Something that might interest anyone with super sensitive skin is a new unscented soap I made today using a calendula flower macerated tallow, aloe vera, sea buckthorn berry oil and allantoin. Extracts of Calendula officianalis flowers are widely used in creams and ointments to sooth skin inflammation and assist wound healing. The other ingredients are all known for their beneficial effect on the skin and since people who prefer to use unscented toiletries usually do so because they need a very soothing product, I thought that this would be a good alternative for them. It will be ready in a couple of weeks and will go on the website as soon as I can wrap it. I had fun making it and if it's as nice as I think it's going to be, I'll replace my regular unscented soap with this new, improved version.

Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by eyebright View Post
    Something that might interest anyone with super sensitive skin is a new unscented soap I made today using a calendula flower macerated tallow, aloe vera, sea buckthorn berry oil and allantoin. Extracts of Calendula officianalis flowers are widely used in creams and ointments to sooth skin inflammation and assist wound healing. The other ingredients are all known for their beneficial effect on the skin and since people who prefer to use unscented toiletries usually do so because they need a very soothing product, I thought that this would be a good alternative for them. It will be ready in a couple of weeks and will go on the website as soon as I can wrap it. I had fun making it and if it's as nice as I think it's going to be, I'll replace my regular unscented soap with this new, improved version.

Michelle
    Sounds great! I'll have to give it a try!
    - Shane

Images

That new unscented soap sounds very nice.
    Maestrale sounds even better....
    B&B is made possible by contributions from members like you. Please give early and often.
    It's not the blade, it's not the soap, it's not the Moon in Venus. It's pressure. Maybe angle, but mostly pressure.
    Tony, happy to be back stewarding in Brush Forums

Quote Originally Posted by DeepOvertone View Post
    Any plans to do cream versions of your shave soaps? I love some of your scents but I much prefer a cream over a hard soap.
    Just FYI, her soaps are not hard soaps, but soft soaps. If you have never tried a soft soap, you should. You might find that you like it as much as a cream.
    Randall, member of BOTOC

Quote Originally Posted by Haggises View Post
    Maestrale sounds even better....
    Time to bust out the wallet......again! Can't wait to try it Michelle
    Cheers, Ryan

Images

I have your bath bar in the same scent. I am really looking forward to this combination in a shave soap.

14. Default

Can't wait to go snoap sniffing tomorrow! I might as well just give you my atm card and PIN.

Images

Just came home to a pizza and a box from MW. The pizza will wait. Won't shave until later but Cedar & Sage, Marrakesh, and Orange Vanilla are waiting... Oh that Orange Vanilla!!!

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher View Post
    Just FYI, her soaps are not hard soaps, but soft soaps. If you have never tried a soft soap, you should. You might find that you like it as much as a cream.
    I own a few of her shave soaps. They don't get much use because I prefer a soft cream. You are right though, they aren't technically a hard soap.

Images

Just placed an order for a couple more soaps. The women are all over me since I got my first order, Ive had to fight them off. Well, I'm not fighting too hard...

18. Default

Maestrale-- you guys will love this stuff.

Thanks Jeff! I'm glad you liked it! (Jeff came to the market in person and picked some up the day after I wrapped it.) I just got the Maestrale listed on the website, and there are a few shave sticks available too.

Images

Just ordered a puck of the Maestrale. Can't wait!