What's new

A couple of pretty good flea market finds

Im pretty excited. I found a 1912 auto strop and a 1912 Gem Junior for $1 each. Both cleaned up very nicely and am looking forward to trying out the Gem. It was a good day I also found 2 OS shaving mugs.

$this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

Thanks guys. Just orderd some single edge blades for the Gem. Cant seem to find any at all locally.

The blades will fit the valet too. You just have to remove the spine.

The valet is a good shaver too. A very good shaver.

Thanks for the info jmacak. However after a good cleaning I found the little "flap" that says Valet Auto Strop Razor on it, to be a bit floppy so I do not know if I can make it work or not. Im in uncharted territory here so will see what happens.

Thanks for the info jmacak. However after a good cleaning I found the little "flap" that says Valet Auto Strop Razor on it, to be a bit floppy so I do not know if I can make it work or not. Im in uncharted territory here so will see what happens.

There's a lever on the back of the frame you have to push that moves the blade forward into position against the blade stops. The Valet you have is a VC1 made from 1922 until roughly 1927 or 28.

There's a lever on the back of the frame you have to push that moves the blade forward into position against the blade stops. The Valet you have is a VC1 made from 1922 until roughly 1927 or 28.

Thank you for the information. Its not often I can spend $1 on something and gain the information I have thanks to you folks here.

Top Bottom