What's new

You are forced to thin your soap herd to 3...which ones?

Mystic Waters Lilac
Stirling Glacier
Pre de Provence

But only because I have 4 soaps in the house and a slew of samples that I have note tried yet. I confess I have not tried MWF or Dr Harris.

You know the funny thing is I've already pretty much done just this. Used to have dozens of soaps, but now I've already gotten rid of so many and settled on a top two.

1. Arko
2. Tabac

The third? That's still up for grabs between the last few remaining soaps in my box. It's going to be a fight-out between Haslinger, Godrej Round, Stirling, and Speick Cream.

1. Tabac- My first soap 36 years ago, it's like part of the Family
2. Klar Seifen Lotus/Ginger- Love the scent, Slick Lather
2. Panna Creama Mediteraneo- Initial lather was very slick, good scent & price

A couple of changes:
1. Tabac- Love the stick, great container & performance2. Valobra Brick- Slick lather, moisturizes well, good price for 5ozs
2. Palmolive- inexpensive stick, lathers easy, slick lather & fresh soap scent.
3. QCS Tub Celestial Woods- Though not a hard soap, I get slick moisturizing lather & I love the Woody/Pine scent.

Last edited:
I have been following this post for a long while, but I was reluctant to join in because the best soap, on my face anyway, was in constant evolution. I am now ready to commit. By the way, I was always a tallow kind-of-guy until Maggard knocked the snob out of me.

Barrister and Mann
Cold River Soap Works Select
Maggard

Let's just assume by either natural or man-made mandates, you must reduce your shaving soap herd down to 3 soaps only for life...which ones make the cut? And why?

For me, it's:

MWF: love the scent, lather, and how it makes my face feel after the shave.

Arko stick: like the scent, quick lather, and how my face feels after the shave.

LaToja stick: love, love, love the scent!

Cella, Prairie Creations (rose scent), Arko. Cella is probably the best I have ever used, but I need a change of pace from the scent. The Prairie Creations is an artisan soap, and I like the fact that it is American, the scent is fantastic, and is the soapmaker's interpretation of vintage Williams. Arko is an honest clean scent and it works great.

Can't argue with your impression of the LaToja soap. MWF smells great as well, but a little too hard to lather for me. It's hard to pick just three because there are so many great ones out there, not to mention creams.

Top Bottom