What's new

Say hello to those Shave Sticks (All Turkish shave sticks reviewed)

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Where to buy GZD and TWEEX stick from ?

Better late than never... I am unsure if those are still available. I got them from eBay. I believe they came from Turkey directly. I asked the vendor to sell me one of each in 1 package deal. He created an ad with all the sticks and sold them. You could always check ebay again and maybe ask one of the seller (from Turkey) if they are still able to access the product.

Granted that I have not tried the others, but IMHO the Arko is one heck of a soap!

To be honest, I am not a huge fan of the "Fragrance" but I can make a more than respectable lather with the stuff and it serves its purpose very well indeed!

Well my Camelot arrived. Unlike those discussed here mine are individually wrapped inside the boxes. I've had one shave with it and had to bin it. Can't fault the performance, it's a very good tallow soap but...It absolutely stank. It smelled like rancid lard. I had to give up half way through the shave and use something else. I'm guessing this is old and has gone off somehow. Although individually wrapped the wrapper wasn't airtight. I finished with a first attempt with a Derby stick which I like. It performs like Arko but with much less fragrance.

I have two sticks of Derby that... Well like Arko I can love the smell.
Too strongly chemical.
And I'm so sorry for that.

Top Bottom